Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 08:55:40 am

Author Topic: Monash General Chat  (Read 1422811 times)  Share 

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: Monash General Chat
« Reply #5145 on: May 21, 2017, 12:02:48 am »
Quote from: Sine
It's hard to be doing exam revision when you have 24 contact hours  :'( :'(
mfw only 9 contact hours and still struggling. Age is creepin up. Most of my coursework is done by distance though (e.g. shit ton of journal reading/notes/assignment writing). I finish my classes for good at the end of next week, so that's a relief. thank god, i'm over uni altogether

Quote from: Sine
My timetable is also spread out so I have huge breaks - I don't mind though ahah
I used to hate large breaks. What do you do during them and how long are they?

Quote from: Joseph41
Graduating on Monday. Feels.
Thought you did already. Well, congrats! I'm going to graduate in absentia at the moment, but that may change. Already been once, don't think I need to do the whole hoo-ha again. :P
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 12:07:38 am by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #5146 on: May 21, 2017, 12:09:47 am »
+1
mfw only 9 contact hours and still struggling. Age is creepin up. Most of my coursework is done by distance though (e.g. shit ton of journal reading/notes/assignment writing). I finish my classes for good at the end of next week, so that's a relief. thank god, i'm over uni altogether
I used to hate large breaks. What do you do during them and how long are they?
Thought you did already. Well, congrats! I'm going to graduate in absentia at the moment, but that may change. Already been once, don't think I need to do the whole hoo-ha again. :P
during breaks will usually eat or go to the library and study with friends or alone. Although some of that "study" is procrastination e.g. watching NBA

But if I have an MST or assessment usually just work on that.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #5147 on: May 21, 2017, 07:28:59 am »

Graduated last year in absentia from undergrad. Graduating from Honours (technically a different degree) tomorrow - pushed it back a bit due to general procrastination lol.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #5148 on: May 21, 2017, 05:41:26 pm »
+4
Week 12. Save my soul. 😂
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
« Reply #5149 on: May 21, 2017, 05:47:58 pm »
+3
Week 12. Save my soul. 😂
S A  D   R    E     A      C       T         S         O          N           L            Y        :'( :'( :'(                                       

meanwhile I still need to catch up on some lectures

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #5150 on: May 21, 2017, 05:50:17 pm »
S A  D   R    E     A      C       T         S         O          N           L            Y        :'( :'( :'(                                       

meanwhile I still need to catch up on some lectures
Quite literally-
My week 12 list of assessments is long :'(

On the flipside, my exams start on the 2nd week, so I'm grateful for that 😅

warya

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #5151 on: May 27, 2017, 06:54:42 pm »
Anyone know how to be granted an exemption to do a unit that has a pre-requisite? Want to do Dev2022 without having done Dev2011. I've heard of other biomed students being granted an exemption in the past but the unit co-ordinator stopped replying to my emails after saying this:

'if there are exceptional circumstances, this decision can me made at the discretion of the unit coordinator/s. If not, all students are subject to the same criterion.'

Anyone know if theres anyone else I can take this up with? The faculty?
http://i.imgur.com/VK9S9ET.gif

2016–2018: Bachelor of Biomedical Science, Monash University
2019–2022: Doctor of Medicine, The University of Melbourne

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #5152 on: May 27, 2017, 10:13:08 pm »
+1
Anyone know how to be granted an exemption to do a unit that has a pre-requisite? Want to do Dev2022 without having done Dev2011. I've heard of other biomed students being granted an exemption in the past but the unit co-ordinator stopped replying to my emails after saying this:

'if there are exceptional circumstances, this decision can me made at the discretion of the unit coordinator/s. If not, all students are subject to the same criterion.'

Anyone know if theres anyone else I can take this up with? The faculty?

Hm... that's rather odd. I've actually never really had that happen to me per se, but one of my current units I had only half the pre-reqs for it (BIO3011). I just talked to the unit coordinator and they just wanted to know if I had any mathematical background or extra information/ experience I had that they didn't know about that could help in the unit. Perhaps that's what they're referring to. Maybe you should reply back saying that you did X and Y related units, which will get you the approval that you'll need to take DEV2022. If you've tried that, I'm not sure what to do. Sorry I couldn't be of more help here.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

epicviolinsolo

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #5153 on: May 28, 2017, 03:51:57 pm »
Hi everyone, I just had a quick question about a message from Allocate+. I've looked for an answer to no avail so I hope asking here is ok to do.

I'm choosing my preferences for EAE1022 next semester. It auto-allocated a once per week 1hr seminar, however, there's message above the allocation stating: 'Message: Please note that this activity is optional'. I know EAE1022 is a very new subject, but I was wondering if anybody who took it last year, or someone else who's had this message appear, knows what this actually means. Are they optional to attend or is it referring to something different?

Thank you to anyone who has information that might help me!  ;D

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
« Reply #5154 on: May 28, 2017, 05:00:26 pm »
+1
Hi everyone, I just had a quick question about a message from Allocate+. I've looked for an answer to no avail so I hope asking here is ok to do.

I'm choosing my preferences for EAE1022 next semester. It auto-allocated a once per week 1hr seminar, however, there's message above the allocation stating: 'Message: Please note that this activity is optional'. I know EAE1022 is a very new subject, but I was wondering if anybody who took it last year, or someone else who's had this message appear, knows what this actually means. Are they optional to attend or is it referring to something different?

Thank you to anyone who has information that might help me!  ;D
hmm not too sure about that - maybe just means no attendance requirement or any grades associated with it :/

How's SWOTVAC going for everyone? (even though it officially starts tomorrow :p)

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #5155 on: May 29, 2017, 12:48:50 am »
+1
How's SWOTVAC going for everyone? (even though it officially starts tomorrow :p)
Told myself I would study all day Sunday, ended up only making some stuff on quizlet and doing a lot of housework, baking and cooking. You suddenly become so productive when you have study to do :P On the bright side, my house is really clean right now haha

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
« Reply #5156 on: May 29, 2017, 01:30:04 am »
+1
Told myself I would study all day Sunday, ended up only making some stuff on quizlet and doing a lot of housework, baking and cooking. You suddenly become so productive when you have study to do :P On the bright side, my house is really clean right now haha
so true - urgency creates productivity :P
Although I'm trying to be somewhat organised during SWOTVAC, although I feel university unit's are meant to be crammed for :P .

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #5157 on: May 29, 2017, 09:12:41 am »
+1
so true - urgency creates productivity :P
Although I'm trying to be somewhat organised during SWOTVAC, although I feel university unit's are meant to be crammed for :P .

It's almost the nature of uni. I mean, why else would SWOTVAC exist? ;)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #5158 on: May 29, 2017, 10:08:41 am »
+2
Lmao my swotvac so far includes getting as far as buying a couple of new whiteboards and markers 😂

I mean I should hopefully get through all my bioorganic lectures by lunch tomorrow

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
« Reply #5159 on: May 30, 2017, 07:56:44 am »
+1
It's almost the nature of uni. I mean, why else would SWOTVAC exist? ;)
surely there is someone who actually prepares properly for the exams and isn't in a rush during SWOTVAC