Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 06:17:22 am

Author Topic: round 3  (Read 2008 times)  Share 

Freddie Hg

• MOTM: NOV 18
  • Trendsetter
  • Mr. -17.2 °C, traveling at 𝐂
  • Respect: +10
round 3
« on: February 02, 2019, 01:02:48 am »
Hey so i recently became very interested in pharmacy being its similar to my course i got offered in round 1 i feel like it would be a very good fit for me.
my atar is well above the monash guarantee (which i am eligible for) and for the clearly in atar. but is there even a chance of getting an offer? and how big is my chance??

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: round 3
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 01:36:28 am »
Very slim to be honest - I would imagine a course like that fills up their spots very fast.... In any case, given you meet all the requirements it would be a matter of then figuring out if there are any places left in the course and where you are in the selection ranking order.

A note to also consider - some unis dont even participate in the subsequent rounds after round 1. All this combined is why I say very slim.

But very slim doesn't rule it out entirely. I'd keep the course you have enrolled in/accepted for now and wait to see what happens in 3rd round.

You may have to look at a transfer as your next best option.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Freddie Hg

• Trendsetter
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 09:54:24 am »
Very slim to be honest - I would imagine a course like that fills up their spots very fast.... In any case, given you meet all the requirements it would be a matter of then figuring out if there are any places left in the course and where you are in the selection ranking order.

A note to also consider - some unis dont even participate in the subsequent rounds after round 1. All this combined is why I say very slim.

But very slim doesn't rule it out entirely. I'd keep the course you have enrolled in/accepted for now and wait to see what happens in 3rd round.

You may have to look at a transfer as your next best option.
damn whatta shame :/ would u reckon monash is going to participate in subsequent  rounds? 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 10:00:40 am by Freddie Hg »

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 10:49:56 am »
154 offers were made in the first round and there were a total of 177 offers last year. If you were in the second round i'd say you would have a shot. Third round seems like a bit of a stretch considering they only need to make ~ 23 offers second round.
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

Freddie Hg

• Trendsetter
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 11:09:08 am »
154 offers were made in the first round and there were a total of 177 offers last year. If you were in the second round i'd say you would have a shot. Third round seems like a bit of a stretch considering they only need to make ~ 23 offers second round.
na im not in the 2nd round. hoping for 3rd round dayum!

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 02:42:21 pm »
na im not in the 2nd round. hoping for 3rd round dayum!
How recent was the change? If it was done before Jan 25th 4pm, that’d be second round. If after, third.

Re: your situation

I’d say you have a small chance, as others have mentioned. Definitely ensure you put Pharmacy as Preference #1 and whatever course you were offered in Round 1 in a lower position, as already mentioned. Remember that transfers and postgrad courses are also valid options if Plan A doesn’t work. Good luck!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 03:25:47 pm by AngelWings »
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

Freddie Hg

• Trendsetter
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 05:16:34 pm »
How recent was the change? If it was done before Jan 25th 4pm, that’d be second round. If after, third.

Re: your situation

I’d say you have a small chance, as others have mentioned. Definitely ensure you put Pharmacy as Preference #1 and whatever course you were offered in Round 1 in a lower position, as already mentioned. Remember that transfers and postgrad courses are also valid options if Plan A doesn’t work. Good luck!
thank you. but i'm definitely third round :/ hope i get in tbh