Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 03:42:37 am

Author Topic: VTAC for location?  (Read 743 times)  Share 

Annax_i

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
VTAC for location?
« on: January 21, 2019, 07:30:01 pm »
Hey there,
I am going into year 12 and due to unseen circumstances my family had to move to postcode 3029 which is considered under ‘location’ of SEAS. I have been living here since November 2018 and my school is in postcode 3800 (have been going there since year 10).
I was wondering if that makes a difference since I have not been living in the area for long?
Also how does SEAS work? Is the atar adjusted according to uni or VTAC since every uni has different requirements?
Thankyou!

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: VTAC for location?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 08:23:27 pm »
+1
Hey there,
I am going into year 12 and due to unseen circumstances my family had to move to postcode 3029 which is considered under ‘location’ of SEAS. I have been living here since November 2018 and my school is in postcode 3800 (have been going there since year 10).
I was wondering if that makes a difference since I have not been living in the area for long?
AFAIK, time doesn't really matter much. You'll need to jot down your address when applying to VTAC from recollection (for mailing results and location purposes), so it should be fine either way. Time would only really matter if you were moving from overseas i.e. you're a PR or international student right now and not an Australian or NZ citizen.** 

** EDIT: I stand corrected. See Calebark's post and this site here.

Also how does SEAS work? Is the atar adjusted according to uni or VTAC since every uni has different requirements?
VTAC will ask to provide a bunch of personal details, including any difficulties or disabilities you've experienced in your education - collated into SEAS. This in turn is checked and then this info is given to institutes to see whether they will adjust your selection rank (SEAS points) and then each institute will judge for themselves how much they will adjust by. This is why some locations will be included at some unis and won't be at others.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 08:27:57 pm by AngelWings »
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread