Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:25:25 pm

Author Topic: E12 @ Usyd?  (Read 2531 times)  Share 

Expulso

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
E12 @ Usyd?
« on: October 13, 2019, 11:26:00 pm »
Hey, so I was just wondering, how competitive is the E12 scholarship program at USYD? Should probably focus on memorising English right now but this is at the back of my mind. I'm hoping to get into Bachelor of Applied Sciences for Physiotherapy. Do I have a good chance of getting in? I saw a thread from a few years ago, but it was a different system back then with the resume and all that so I figured it'd be a good time to update.
I did a lot of extracurriculars but I could only include 2 of them in my application because of the 200 word limit, but they were the most important, most relevant and the longest ones I've been involved in.
Paraphrasing, I wrote about how I was a founder of a social justice committee at my school and was part of it since 2015. I wrote about how equality of treatment is extremely important to me regardless of a person's difference and how that passion was spurred by my involvement in the committee. I also wrote about how I've been involved in sports and have received a lot of benefits from being involved and want to ensure as a physio that everyone can be involved. I also wrote about how I had learnt new study strategies and that's why I was able to do well for my academic achievement and that now I have the confidence to continue doing well. So are those good answers?

I also have a pretty strong case for EAS because I qualify for the bottom 30% SES scheme as well as Financial Disadvantage under reception of Family Tax Benefit. I also think that my Career's Advisor (not principal, my advisor mostly did it) probably rated me pretty highly because I was quite close to him.

So do I have a realistic chance? I would so love to study Physio at USYD (unless I get an offer to study Medicine at UNSW, Monash or the JMP), but I'm not 100% confident that I can get a 99 atar, especially considering how strict they are with the cutoff at USYD.

Anyone else apply for other E12 courses?