Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:43:15 am

Author Topic: "Creativity, Play and the Arts" - SUBJECT QUERY  (Read 2219 times)  Share 

yearningforsimplicity

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Former ATARNotes HHD & Psych Lecturer & Author
  • Respect: +133
"Creativity, Play and the Arts" - SUBJECT QUERY
« on: June 12, 2012, 02:27:46 am »
Hey guys! :) Just wanted to know if anyone has taken a subject called "Creativity, Play and the Arts" (EDUC10048) and if so, is it more theory or practical based? Also, what are the workshops like? and is attendance at lectures actually compulsory..or could I just access a recording online??
Thanks in advance! :)
2011: English | Methods | Psychology | Health & Human Development | Legal Studies | Texts & Traditions
2012: B.A. (Psychology) @ UniMelb
2015-16: Master of Teaching (Secondary: Psychology/Health) @ UniMelb
2017- Teaching Psych & HHD :D

Happy to help out with; Health & HD(48), Psych(48), Qs about UniMelb Psych or MTeach courses :D

*Doing Health & Human Development in 2021?* :D
yearningforsimplicity's HHD 3&4 EXAM REVISION PACKS :)

mrym

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: "Creativity, Play and the Arts" - SUBJECT QUERY
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 12:50:40 pm »
+1
Hey, i did the subject last semester and i think it was one of the easiest subjects and doesn't require a lot of work. The lectures aren't provided as recording and they take names down during the lectures but to be honest i didnt attend most of them towards the end, the workshops are pretty fun you get to learn about music and art and actually do activities which doesnt feel like uni stuff at all! so hardly any theory really, and your observation for children is pretty fun task too, id say you'll enjoy it alot and recommend it if you like learning about child development :)

yearningforsimplicity

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Former ATARNotes HHD & Psych Lecturer & Author
  • Respect: +133
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 04:39:34 pm »
Hey, i did the subject last semester and i think it was one of the easiest subjects and doesn't require a lot of work. The lectures aren't provided as recording and they take names down during the lectures but to be honest i didnt attend most of them towards the end, the workshops are pretty fun you get to learn about music and art and actually do activities which doesnt feel like uni stuff at all! so hardly any theory really, and your observation for children is pretty fun task too, id say you'll enjoy it alot and recommend it if you like learning about child development :)

Thanks for the reply! :D It sounds interesting! But is lecture attendance a hurdle requirement (is it like 75% attendance as tutorials are?) - I'm hoping my two subjects lectures at that time won't clash! :-\ Do they put the slides up online and do you think going to the lectures is crucial or are the lecture slides comprehensive enough? Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 04:42:38 pm by yearningforsimplicity »
2011: English | Methods | Psychology | Health & Human Development | Legal Studies | Texts & Traditions
2012: B.A. (Psychology) @ UniMelb
2015-16: Master of Teaching (Secondary: Psychology/Health) @ UniMelb
2017- Teaching Psych & HHD :D

Happy to help out with; Health & HD(48), Psych(48), Qs about UniMelb Psych or MTeach courses :D

*Doing Health & Human Development in 2021?* :D
yearningforsimplicity's HHD 3&4 EXAM REVISION PACKS :)

mrym

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 09:03:56 pm »
+1
i dont think the lectures are hurdle requirement, i actually never went through the lecture slides because i didnt feel the need to, its possible to get through the assessment without it all, i think if you went to the first half of the semester lectures you would know whats going on and the lectures arent that bad very easy to get your head around, plus no exam so you dont need to know it all in depth.