Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:04:37 pm

Author Topic: Any NRL fans up here?  (Read 4486 times)  Share 

shooterblitz

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Any NRL fans up here?
« on: August 02, 2013, 11:47:01 am »
Seen plenty of talks about the AFL, soccer, cricket and the likes, but wondering if anyone here follows the NRL? Or even rugby league overall?

lala1911

Re: Any NRL fans up here?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 04:01:51 pm »
Melbourne Storm.
Been a fan since I was 10. Always loved the home games at THE GRAVEYARD but sadly it was knocked down. Such a great atmosphere at NRL matches. I rarely go to matches now. 2009 Grand Final was the best though.. apparently there were tens of thousands of fans flocking outside of Ticketek's at 9am for tickets and my mum called up at 8:59a.m for tickets and got one of the last few behind the goalposts.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 04:04:53 pm by Lala1911 »

shooterblitz

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Re: Any NRL fans up here?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 12:06:42 pm »
Melbourne Storm.
Been a fan since I was 10. Always loved the home games at THE GRAVEYARD but sadly it was knocked down. Such a great atmosphere at NRL matches. I rarely go to matches now. 2009 Grand Final was the best though.. apparently there were tens of thousands of fans flocking outside of Ticketek's at 9am for tickets and my mum called up at 8:59a.m for tickets and got one of the last few behind the goalposts.

Nice! Only been to the Bulldogs vs. Storm clash this year, and last year at AAMI Park, so no clue about how it was at the old Olympic Park. That's pretty cool, considering the NRL won't get crowds as high as the AFL. I've been in Melbourne for just 2 years, although even the atmosphere at Storm games is pretty impressive. Used to rock up to every Bulldogs game at ANZ in Sydney though. PS. we'll knock you out of the Top 4 soon :)