Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:00:44 am

Author Topic: How many people on ATAR Notes do sport??  (Read 16550 times)  Share 

Truck

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +122
  • School: who needs school when you got SWAG?
Re: How many people on ATAR Notes do sport??
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 08:16:23 pm »
Honestly, going to gym/running has been the best stress relief... In year 12 I've started running much more and I've maintained gym, and honestly without it I think I'd have done much, much worse.

I did stop playing Basketball for the year, and I haven't had as much chance to do what I've done in other years (biking, swimming etc), and tbh I sorta regret it - sorta don't. If I could choose again, I probably wouldn't, but so long as you stay physically active you'll do better imo.
#yolo #thuglife #swaggotandproud

Inspirations: Mahtama Ghandi, T-Pain, The Caped Crusader and Ayn Rand.

b^3

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Overloading, just don't do it.
  • Respect: +631
  • School: Western Suburbs Area
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 08:25:01 pm »
I used to swim, had been swimming for years but stopped before the start of year 12. It's something that I'd wish I hadn't of given up, so unfit lately..... and well I probably could of used it as a bit more of a break from school aswell... Been meaning to get back into it but uni just takes up most of my time, and holidays were basically catching up on sleep. I am 'planning' on trying to get back into it a little on the end of year holidays, just casually, not comps are anything. But lets hope that I don't get too lazy before I start that again. :P
2012-2016: Aerospace Engineering/Science (Double Major in Applied Mathematics - Monash Uni)
TI-NSPIRE GUIDES: METH, SPESH

Co-Authored AtarNotes' Maths Study Guides

I'm starting to get too old for this... May be on here or irc from time to time.

Mr Keshy

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Get in my Beamer Benz or Bentley
  • Respect: +68
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2012, 06:24:35 pm »
Wow guys, great responses!

I think I may take up cricket, although I'm probably rubbish now.
Please... Call me Kesh

Subjects

English, Physics, Chemistry, Methods, Further, Business

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +343
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2012, 06:38:29 pm »
+2
Wow guys, great responses!

I think I may take up cricket, although I'm probably rubbish now.

I played cricket in high school as well (from Year 7 - Year 10). My bowling career summed up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o8by05rtMY. I once bowled a 9-ball over - with three wide deliveries. If you think you're rubbish, remind yourself of this post.

thushan

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +626
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2012, 06:42:48 pm »
+1
used to play cricket, badminton, used to do aths, do gym now.
Managing Director  and Senior Content Developer - Decode Publishing (2020+)
http://www.decodeguides.com.au

Basic Physician Trainee - Monash Health (2019-)
Medical Intern - Alfred Hospital (2018)
MBBS (Hons.) - Monash Uni
BMedSci (Hons.) - Monash Uni

Former ATARNotes Lecturer for Chemistry, Biology

FlorianK

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +64
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 10:57:07 pm »
I go for a run sometimes, but regarding the implication of your question asking if it is too time consuming:
I worked this year ~17hours each week until the end of next week. Still able to keep up wih the workload. Just use your time wisely and you'll be fine.
If I wouldn't be so stingy careful with my money, I'd probably go addtionally to working to the gym 2 or 3 times a week.

Limista

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +63
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 11:15:37 pm »
I'm in year 11, but I do quite a bit of sport! Being in an APS school (you know, the sporty type of school..) I guess I'm motivated even further to do sport to keep up with the fitness level of my peers.

I go for a run every morning (sometimes not on the weekend). Have a game of first team volleyball on Saturdays and training for that twice a week. Tuesdays: training from 3:45pm till 6pm. Thursdays: get home at 7pm, because I train at another campus.

Doing sport is fun, keeps you fit and healthy and does not impact on your studies at all  :), provided that you manage your time properly  :P

I've been talking my mum into getting me a new adidas shirt and shorts, because the old one has shrunk in the wash with frequent use; a new pair of runners these school holidays would also be very nice  ;)
Bachelor of Biomedicine @ The University of Melbourne (II) 2014-2016
Follow me on my blog

catwoman101

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2012, 09:31:15 am »
+1
keep playign sport its good for you !

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 02:15:12 pm »
Hey all,

I'm going into year 12 next year and I'm contemplating getting back into cricket although I'm a bit worried that it might take up too much time next year as I have to be studying hard for my school subjects.

If you're in year 12 or over, what are your experiences? If you're in my position, what are you planning to do?

and Why..

Thanks a lot.

I'm in Year 12 this year. I've played competitive cricket since 2003 and it was my life up until this year. At one point I was playing/training six or so times a week. Unfortunately I've had to give it up entirely due to injuries, however I was always going to lessen the load in Year 12.

I think you should definitely get back into it if you feel like that's what you want to do. I haven't read the entire thread, so apologies if this has been answered previously, but at what level would you be playing and how much time would it consume?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Mr Keshy

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Get in my Beamer Benz or Bentley
  • Respect: +68
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 07:57:46 pm »
Hey all,

I'm going into year 12 next year and I'm contemplating getting back into cricket although I'm a bit worried that it might take up too much time next year as I have to be studying hard for my school subjects.

If you're in year 12 or over, what are your experiences? If you're in my position, what are you planning to do?

and Why..

Thanks a lot.

I'm in Year 12 this year. I've played competitive cricket since 2003 and it was my life up until this year. At one point I was playing/training six or so times a week. Unfortunately I've had to give it up entirely due to injuries, however I was always going to lessen the load in Year 12.

I think you should definitely get back into it if you feel like that's what you want to do. I haven't read the entire thread, so apologies if this has been answered previously, but at what level would you be playing and how much time would it consume?

Late reply much? On my part :D

I'd be playing either U18 or Seniors, probably 3rds or 4ths haha, I haven't played in a few years!
Please... Call me Kesh

Subjects

English, Physics, Chemistry, Methods, Further, Business

paulsterio

• ATAR Notes Legend
  • I <3 2SHAN
  • Respect: +430
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2012, 08:08:47 pm »
I play table tennis recreationally, wished I did more with it though, it's more just playing with family and friends these days, I sneak into the table tennis rooms at Monash Sport (so I don't have to pay - it's really quite easy) and have a hit with a few friends sometimes and it's good fun.

Qwazz

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2014, 11:47:33 am »
I'm in year 12 right now, and I'm playing with Melbourne Uni Volleyball. I've been playing for 2 years, it's pretty fun to see everyone join in and have a bit of fun themselves.
'15-'17: B. Computer Science @ Swinburne

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2014, 01:40:18 pm »
This topic is two years old.
Qwazz, please consider more carefully whether you need to be posting in threads this old.
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||