Login | Register
Enrol now for our new online tutoring program. Learn from the best tutors. Get amazing results. Learn more.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 23, 2021, 03:20:15 am

Author Topic: Monash General Chat  (Read 1002081 times)  Share 

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +621
Re: Monash General Chat
« Reply #6000 on: February 03, 2021, 08:48:43 pm »
So i'm trying to make a monash account right now, and I've only got to the email verification stage, which they are suppose to send me an email to confirm everything to continue on to make the account. It's been 6 hours since I did that and no email. Is that normal? Has anyone else experienced this?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 09:04:21 pm by Geoo »
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts @Monash

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1583
« Reply #6001 on: February 05, 2021, 09:55:54 am »
+1
Is is just me and my course, or do the options available on Allocate+ change VASTLY from when they open to when they close?  I thought I'd just check quickly before 10am today to be safe and see if anything new had opened up, and wow.  There were a lot of new, deleted or changed options, and for one class the days had completely changed (but my preference allocation stayed the same on the page layout, so by default I had selected a bunch of classes on days I was trying to completely avoid).

I'm glad I took the precaution! #jaffy

EDIT: Huh, looks like the date Allocate+ closes has also changed. ???
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 10:20:17 am by heids »
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-23): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2825
« Reply #6002 on: February 06, 2021, 06:37:13 pm »
+4
So i'm trying to make a monash account right now, and I've only got to the email verification stage, which they are suppose to send me an email to confirm everything to continue on to make the account. It's been 6 hours since I did that and no email. Is that normal? Has anyone else experienced this?
Bit late to this but from memory, I got my email at least 12 hours after trying to set things up. Was 4 years ago so don't have crystal clear memory, but I remember being so worried and it just ended up being something that's super slow.

alexandra.vo

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #6003 on: February 10, 2021, 01:47:45 pm »
Could I have someones opinion plz! I wanted to study biomedical science at monash because i'm hoping to study medicine in the future although I ended up getting into a bachelor of science hoping to transfer to biomedicine next yr. I was speaking to some people and they recommended me to study PHS103 as its similar to BMS1031 which is a core unit of biomedical science. I have currently chosen academic writing as an elective because I wanted a unit which isn't as difficult. Should I take that PHS103 class or not? Will it be useful as I do want to study medicine afterwards.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3591
« Reply #6004 on: February 27, 2021, 09:35:57 am »
+1

^ I'm not a med person so I can't really help with the above question but I hope you get clarity on that

Walking past o-week stuff seemed strange this year, there looked to be a lot less stalls than usual but at the same time it was odd to see that level of "normalcy". For everyone who had their first o-week this year how did you find it?