Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 12:12:11 pm

Author Topic: 2nd Round Offers  (Read 2299 times)  Share 

maxleng

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: 0
2nd Round Offers
« on: January 14, 2008, 08:33:29 pm »
im abit confused on how it works still..

so ive got my 2nd preference offer (swinburne engineering/buisness) and just missed out on 1st preference (still happy on my 2nd pref though)

do i get a physical offer in the mail from swinburne or something? and then what do i do to wait for 2nd round offers? i know you dont reject the first round offer, but do you wait and hope that you get a 2nd round offer? is there another listing in the paper for 2nd round offers or do you have to apply somewhere?

thanks.

nak

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
Re: 2nd Round Offers
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 09:14:33 pm »
For the Swinburne thing, I think it's either tomorrow or Wednesday you will get a mail from them saying you got an offer etc.. and give you instructions on how/when to enrol. For 2nd round im not too sure if it will be in the paper but it will be from VTAC and the only offer you can get in 2nd and 3rd are the ones higher than the one you get, so in your case it would be your 1st pref (chances are slim though i aasume).

maxleng

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 10:19:28 pm »
oh ok, thanks for that.

with 2nd round offers, is that from people who have rejected their first round offers? or is that where they consider the 'middle band' (but i think middle band is considered in first round offers)

cos i know im right on the middle band...

clearly in was 91.30

i got 89.85

+ 3 aggregate points = roughly 1-1.5 enter points?

so new enter for the course would be around 91 ... fuckin close!

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 11:48:05 pm »
The middle-band is just a portion of places given out during a round (i.e.: this happens in the first round - and later rounds if someone rejects or defers a middle-band place). In other words, the middle-band selection is part of each round.

The second round offers are from people who have deferred or rejected first round offers.

nak

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 02:05:19 am »
i thought even if you accept 1st round offer you still are eligible for 2nd and 3rd round. That's why people say always accept 1st round offer no matter what because you still may receive 2nd or 3rd rounds (rare).

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 12:24:56 pm »
i thought even if you accept 1st round offer you still are eligible for 2nd and 3rd round. That's why people say always accept 1st round offer no matter what because you still may receive 2nd or 3rd rounds (rare).

You do, I think coblin meant that the actual places for 2nd round offers exist because ppl who got them for 1st round rejected them
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

sabrina

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 12:27:58 pm »
so IF we reject 1st round offer, we are still able to recieve 2nd round

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 12:46:14 pm »
Yes, but the more important thing is that if you accept your first round offer, you can still get second round offers.

I was saying that other people who reject their offers (or defer them) open up new places in other courses, which is the reason why second round (and third and so on) occur.

nak

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 01:13:52 pm »
Yes, but the more important thing is that if you accept your first round offer, you can still get second round offers.

I was saying that other people who reject their offers (or defer them) open up new places in other courses, which is the reason why second round (and third and so on) occur.

ohh i understand where you're coming from. As the places are currently "filled" if someone defers or rejects in a course it means that there is an opening and that spot is up for round 2 and so forth.