Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 02:27:18 am

Author Topic: Early Entry Offer  (Read 1536 times)  Share 

HassJay

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Early Entry Offer
« on: August 21, 2018, 05:01:06 pm »
Hi guys, just a quick question...
Can an (unconditional) early entry offer from Macquarie University be revoked due to a bad ATAR? I'm really starting to lose motivation in English and worried it will drop my ATAR quite a bit, however the rest of my subjects are going strong.. does anybody know?
Thanks in advance

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Early Entry Offer
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 06:48:53 pm »
+1
Welcome to the forums HassJay! :)

First of all, keep pushing! The second you resign yourself to not doing as well as you like is when you'll never have a chance of doing any better. Try and stay motivated and keep working hard!! What exactly is sucking the energy away? :)

Second of all, one bad mark out of five subjects doesn't have the impact you might think, so don't stress too much!

As for early entry, I'd be checking with the conditions attached to the early entry program you are a part of. I have no idea specifically, but if there are conditions they should be somewhere in the documentation. If not, give Macquarie a call. Go to the source ;D

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 10:56:10 pm »
Hi guys, just a quick question...
Can an (unconditional) early entry offer from Macquarie University be revoked due to a bad ATAR? I'm really starting to lose motivation in English and worried it will drop my ATAR quite a bit, however the rest of my subjects are going strong.. does anybody know?
Thanks in advance

Hey! I got an unconditional offer to Macquarie last year for a law/media degree that had an atar of around the 96 mark from memory. I ended up with an atar of 86, but because it was unconditional I still got in!

If it is conditional they will specify a certain atar you’ll need to get in.

Good luck & I hope you get in because I’m loving Macquarie!
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

HassJay

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 04:37:27 pm »
Welcome to the forums HassJay! :)

First of all, keep pushing! The second you resign yourself to not doing as well as you like is when you'll never have a chance of doing any better. Try and stay motivated and keep working hard!! What exactly is sucking the energy away? :)

Second of all, one bad mark out of five subjects doesn't have the impact you might think, so don't stress too much!

As for early entry, I'd be checking with the conditions attached to the early entry program you are a part of. I have no idea specifically, but if there are conditions they should be somewhere in the documentation. If not, give Macquarie a call. Go to the source ;D
Honestly, i just really don't like english haha. im not too worried though. Thanks for the info, i'll contact Macquarie.

HassJay

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 04:38:55 pm »
Hey! I got an unconditional offer to Macquarie last year for a law/media degree that had an atar of around the 96 mark from memory. I ended up with an atar of 86, but because it was unconditional I still got in!

If it is conditional they will specify a certain atar you’ll need to get in.

Good luck & I hope you get in because I’m loving Macquarie!
That's great to know! Cant wait to get in!!