Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:26:00 pm

Author Topic: should i buy my bully a present??  (Read 812 times)  Share 

happydayssz

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
should i buy my bully a present??
« on: August 17, 2018, 02:57:20 pm »
+3
hi guys,

youre probably quite confused by this title. let me explain as succintcly as i can.

a year ago, i had around 4 friends who i actually enjoyed the company of. im a major introvert, and while im nice and polite to everyone i meet, i guess its just hard for me to go out of my way and like talk to people if i dont click with them. idk, im happy just sticking with a couple of good friends than having huge amounts of aquaintences. i think we all fit somewhere on this spectrum, but im on the extreme left (if introversion is communism, id be marx???)

anyways so one of these buddies of mine , lets call her G, was very goood friends with this other girl, lets call her T. So T and G became extremely close around novermber. now, i had nothing against this T at all. like i said, i try to be as nice as possibile to people generally. but anyways, this one time she comes up to me during lucnh (im eating my spaghetti) and immediately tells me to get up, because "we needed to talk."

NOWwww kids, im a polite person. i dont need anyone to tell me this, because i know. i would never ever tell someone to "get up" in possibly the most disrepectful, condescending tone you could ever imagine. i just wouldnt do it. most people wouldnt. most people are nice, but T was not.

yet, i say this with hindsight. what i WISH would have happened wouldve been me sassing her out, telling her who the toot she thought se was messing with and just generally being a badass bitch,,

but unfortunately i am literally a hermit. i go, "oh, whats wrong T?," fork of spaghetti still hanging off my mouth. sigh.

anyways, thats just me. we walk over to this other spot and she starts accusing me of doing all these things that frankly, i dont even have the time to do. including

- calling her a bitch
- calling her ugly
- saying she was fat. FAT!
- and all this other stuff that was awful

im standing there, confused af. i tell her, "T, listen, youve got it very wrong. i dont talk about people like that, let alone you." and pretty much denying it because why WOULD I EVEN SAY THAT?? i ddidnt even know her that well or care about her enough to make up rumours.

but let me tell you something, this T is very convincing. she managed to convince 2 of my 4 friends that i really had said those things. including G. now, since g and t were super close she obvs took her side, of course.

so i pretty much lost my best friends to this girl who made a rumour about me making a rumour. ah the irony. anyways, shes made my life pretty sucky. i dont really know why shed do that.

i should also mention that after the argument confrontationg thingy, i went up to her to talk to her, and try to sort stuff out, but she looked me up and done and walked away. now friends, that was the LAST STRAW. who tf does that,

anyways, what im trying to say is that was the situation a year ago. its been a year and things have changed a lot. i still have my 2 buddies who im so grateful for, but im actually a lot stronger as a person now.

shes in one of my maths classes and weve been ingoring each other for like a year plus. its honestly the dumbest thing. like ill walk past and we both just pretend the other doesnt exist when clearly theyre right there. idk, it seems so immature to me.

anyways, i know that she is actualy a good person. why? well she just seems like one. idk i cant explain it, but the more i ppay attention to her and like sorta see how she treats other people she seems pretyy normal to me. i have almost forgotten the whole event tbh, and i just want to move on.

do i want to be bes buddies with her - heck no. i will always remember what she put me through, the isolation and mental shittiness i dealt with in the months after that conforntaion. but honestly, trials are coming to an end soon, and i dont want to leave high school with any grudges. i just want to tbe happy with myself. i dotn want to leave any loose threads

so im thinking of getting this person a gift, like some chocolate or idk, something. with a little card explaining my position and how i forgive her for all that stuff because the more i think about it, the more i feel like i dont know the full sotry or she doesnt know the full story. tbh this whole thing has had kind of a positive impact on me - ifeel like its made me  a stronger person. and i want to thank her for that. as stupid as it sounds, i want to buy this girl a present.

i would appreciate ANY thing / any persective or insight you guys might have into this. i dont know what to dooo

thanks in advance :)

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
Re: should i buy my bully a present??
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 04:10:05 pm »
+4
I'd say go for it! Not only will it make you feel better, by not holding grudges out of the HSC, but it should make her realise that she really screwed up.
If this was me, I'd write a reallly thankful note, explaining all the good she has done you and thanking her... :)
(Plus, doing this will make her feel like an absolute bitch. Which can't really do her any harm if she's already acted like one)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 08:35:00 pm by S200 »
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

happydayssz

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 04:26:28 pm »
thanks dude :) appreictae the insight :)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 10:22:06 pm »
+1
Yeah I'd go for it too! I mean it sounds like something got blown way out of proportion once upon a time, certainly a nice way to put a stupid situation behind you, at the very least ;D