Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 03:17:52 am

Author Topic: WAM to GPA?  (Read 2566 times)  Share 

Jay.C

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +16
WAM to GPA?
« on: July 09, 2018, 10:34:02 am »
Hi guys I’m studying the bachelor of paramedicine hoping to get into graduate medicine. I was under the impression that if you had an above 80 in all subjects this would translate into a 7.0 gpa for medicine when applying with GEMSAS. However at ACU they consider a HD above an 85 instead of above 80 and thus at ACU 85+ = 7.0. I am just wondering if this has any effect when applying to medicine or if all scores are standardised. Basically I am asking, if I have all scores at 80+ will my GPA be 7.0?
Don't worry about scores that you can't change  because there are so many more productive things you could do

Looking for customisable high school tuition that fits your needs? Or maybe you're just looking for some help with a specific concept that doesn't require frequent tuition. Component Education has something to fit all students needs! https://www.facebook.com/componenteducation/ https://www.componenteducation.com.au/

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
WAM to GPA?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 11:25:03 am »
+3
Hi guys I’m studying the bachelor of paramedicine hoping to get into graduate medicine. I was under the impression that if you had an above 80 in all subjects this would translate into a 7.0 gpa for medicine when applying with GEMSAS. However at ACU they consider a HD above an 85 instead of above 80 and thus at ACU 85+ = 7.0. I am just wondering if this has any effect when applying to medicine or if all scores are standardised. Basically I am asking, if I have all scores at 80+ will my GPA be 7.0?

Hi Jay.C,

According to this document by GEMSAS on how to calculate your GPA, your GPA will be 7.0. They will use percentages to calculate your GPA.

Edit: fixed BB code :)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 11:32:58 am by lm21074 »
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash