Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 07:15:24 am

Author Topic: All Things Indian  (Read 251866 times)  Share 

Art Vandelay

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: All Things Curry
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2012, 11:35:16 pm »
Guys, stop, seriously. Curry is the pungent (but tasty) bond that unites us all <3
Monash Arts/Law

Mr Keshy

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Get in my Beamer Benz or Bentley
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2012, 11:36:02 pm »
Thought I'd look up some Sinhala songs!

I like it :), But as with most Curry songs, the rapping kinda fail.. Not the worst though.

Look at the top comment though.. :(

These morons still exist..

The Sinhala songs I've come across are very similar in terms of style with tamil songs. Perhaps they've both influenced each other.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 11:38:30 pm by Keshimba »
Please... Call me Kesh

Subjects

English, Physics, Chemistry, Methods, Further, Business

nisha

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Hum Honge Kamyab.
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2012, 11:47:40 pm »
Guys, stop, seriously. Curry is the pungent (but tasty) bond that unites us all <3

Lol. You take me too seriously
Melbourne University-Science-Second year

Am taking in students for CHEMISTRY and MATHS METHODS tuition for 2014 as well as first year chemistry. If interested, pm me. Flexible with location.

"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught [/i]

Art Vandelay

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2012, 11:48:31 pm »
Lol. You take me too seriously
I was joking too, haha
Monash Arts/Law

curry_bro

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2012, 11:56:40 pm »
I think its a combination of curry+being local that really strengthens our bond! We all have so much that we can relate to, despite having never met each other (more or less) before. its actually a quality no other generation will experience for a long time, so we should cherish it! hahaha there are many curry aunties that i detest, despite their epic lineage! hahaha

Art Vandelay

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2012, 11:59:27 pm »
I think its a combination of curry+being local that really strengthens our bond! We all have so much that we can relate to, despite having never met each other (more or less) before. its actually a quality no other generation will experience for a long time, so we should cherish it! hahaha there are many curry aunties that i detest, despite their epic lineage! hahaha
is this the part where we all dance and mime some bollywood music?
Monash Arts/Law

Mr Keshy

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2012, 11:59:40 pm »
I think its a combination of curry+being local that really strengthens our bond! We all have so much that we can relate to, despite having never met each other (more or less) before. its actually a quality no other generation will experience for a long time, so we should cherish it!

This is too deep for me to handle in this thread.

Well said :), it's pretty awesome really, aunties can be annoying but meh..

Was anyone here born in Sri Lanka or India? Or am I the only fob..
Please... Call me Kesh

Subjects

curry_bro

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2012, 12:03:22 am »
you are the only fob hahahha MERCY HOSPITAL represent :D

is this the part where we all dance and mime some bollywood music?

yes, yes it is :) i recommend 'teri ore' first :) youtube it

nisha

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Hum Honge Kamyab.
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2012, 12:05:23 am »
Lol, is it just me or does anyone else ...kinda wary of fobs? No offence to Kesh at all. I've just always had that ingrained sense in curry culture that "beware those that have come from motherland. They are different" kind of thing. i don't have anything against them, just the stereotype that is there invokes a level of curiosity in me.

Am taking in students for CHEMISTRY and MATHS METHODS tuition for 2014 as well as first year chemistry. If interested, pm me. Flexible with location.

"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught [/i]

curry_bro

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2012, 12:07:58 am »
Lol, is it just me or does anyone else ...kinda wary of fobs? No offence to Kesh at all. I've just always had that ingrained sense in curry culture that "beware those that have come from motherland. They are different" kind of thing. i don't have anything against them, just the stereotype that is there invokes a level of curiosity in me.

hahaha i think fobs are cute :D theyre so awkward and seriously, every second fob trips over things, no matter who old or well dressed they may be. i think its a right of passage hahaha

but ive heard some fobs ummm... 'stare' a lot at girls though, to the point that the girl gets really uncomfortable, which is not cool

nisha

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Hum Honge Kamyab.
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2012, 12:10:58 am »

but ive heard some fobs ummm... 'stare' a lot at girls though, to the point that the girl gets really uncomfortable, which is not cool
A friend of mine went to Lanka, and she smiled at a guy on the Bus...because you know its polite and he was staring at her.

The next day he was at her door asking for her hand in marriage. I am not at all joking guys...

curry_bro

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2012, 12:13:20 am »
A friend of mine went to Lanka, and she smiled at a guy on the Bus...because you know its polite and he was staring at her.

The next day he was at her door asking for her hand in marriage. I am not at all joking guys...

thats really weird and also, a little bit terrifying! she must have been really scared... i wouldve been! shit, im sure anybody would have been.

i smile at people on trains and buses all the time here! i dont want to be hitched! :)

Art Vandelay

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2012, 12:18:28 am »
idk, not 'wary' (that sort of has connotations with danger), but I do think that the idea that we stereotype them has a grain of truth. Like, not a negative stereotype, as you acknowledged, but certain ideologies regarding family/education etc, I usually assume (unfairly) Indian nationals have a set viewpoint. Obviously it's not that simple - I know a lot of Indian citizens both in India and Australia, and they all subscribe to different views and values.

and yeah, staring is an issue in india. actually, i was travelling on the train just last night here, and there were warnings about staring (classifying it as sexual violence(?)), but it still happened... but it could just be curiosity because they're tourists? Male european tourists get stared at a lot, both for curiosity, and the assumption that they have bucketloads of money to throw around :P
Monash Arts/Law

Art Vandelay

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2012, 12:21:49 am »
thats really weird and also, a little bit terrifying! she must have been really scared... i wouldve been! shit, im sure anybody would have been.

i smile at people on trains and buses all the time here! i dont want to be hitched! :)
be careful, dude, that last emoticon could be interpreted wrongly by some curries. you might have to fend off the proposals over PM :P
Monash Arts/Law

Mr Keshy

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2012, 12:28:16 am »

Haha none taken. I was only in the motherland for 6 months!

I see what you're getting at though.. Is it mostly male students(that come here to study) that youre talking about? Or just fobs in general

When I was in India, I found that a lot of people stared at me. At that time, I put it towards us looking "wealthy in that part of town"...
Please... Call me Kesh

Subjects