National Education > General National Education Discussion

Best Apps/Programs for making (English Language) Glossaries?

(1/1)

TheAspiringDoc:
Heya
I've been avoiding learning the metalanguage for Eng Lang because it's really awkward to do it on paper as you want to continually update/edit your definitions, and I haven't been able to find a suitable app/program for making a glossary.
I'm looking for something that can make multiple columns (e.g. Terms definition example) and can printed off well.
Any suggestions?

cookiedream:
I find that collecting metalanguage terms on a OneNote page in a table is really helpful, as I could edit it any time without any mess and really easily too.
You might find that throughout the year you're going to add more stuff to your metalanguage bank (e.g. effects of nominalisation in certain contexts) so personally I wouldn't print it off.
Some people I know find Quizlet useful, though I don't think it's printable in that way...
Others just use a simple table on a Word Doc.

AngelWings:
Try Excel. Excel has a nice little sorting function which helps you get them in a nice order and works just as well as Word or OneNote.

AngelWings:

--- Quote from: Adammurad on May 27, 2017, 10:59:48 pm ---Hey, I have a question regarding my essay on my rubric sheet it says "Select two different texts and analyse a common theme explored in both. Compare and contrast these texts and evaluate which is most effective in communicating the author’s purpose. " the two texts I have are brokeback mountain and lady windermere's fan does have any notes, sample essays or ideas on a common theme between the two texts please help urgently !!!!

--- End quote ---
I don't think you've posted to the correct thread here. Perhaps you're looking at VCE English (mainstream), not VCE English Language? In that case, your best bet for an accurate answer is actually going to be found by asking over here instead. If you're looking for HSC English, then try here for English Standard and here for English Advanced. Have you also tried out this website?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version