Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 12:33:01 pm

Author Topic: New term, new start - A journey into the world of maths and computer science  (Read 1314 times)

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
  • Respect: +480
Hey all,
I think I previously started a journal but haha, that kinda died I guess. I'll start a new journal and hopefully maintain this every week now that I'm more active around here now!

So what am I studying? Honestly, I've got no clue. I've settled on Mathematics and Computer Science but I'm still not sure whether I've truly made the right decision. I guess time will tell. All I can say is, so far I'm loving it! I've got to meet many like-minded people from all walks of life. Business, engineering, arts, and many more faculties! This is one of the many perks of friendships at university; you never know what kind of crowd you click with until you do it.

This journal will hopefully be an introspective one; one that aims to inspire, entertain, and most importantly, inform you on the many wonders that my life, both within and beyond university, has to offer. The journey has only just started, and you're coming with me. We'll get through it together.

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
OG! So good to see you back on AN!! Can't wait for your updates :D

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
So keen to read your journal  ;D I've missed seeing your posts on AN and super glad you're back too!
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
OG! So good to see you back on AN!! Can't wait for your updates :D
So keen to read your journal  ;D I've missed seeing your posts on AN and super glad you're back too!
Thank you guys! Glad to be back here hehe :))

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
Yay! Super glad that you're back!!
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
Week 1 \(-\) June 1 - June 7
So it begins. A new term of opportunities to success - if there's one thing I learned from Term 1, it's being about being more creative with my study habits. I learn for knowledge, rather than grades. Getting decently strong grades just happens to be a consequence. I want to be able to learn more creatively, tapping into the brain's full potential in order to draw connections between reality and the contents of my courses - that is, this term, I strive to think more deeply about each and every course that I take, in hopes of retaining information post-exams. This journal will be my creative and introspective process in tapping this potential, starting with this entry.

Week 1 has been quite an eventful week of university already - courses are being rolled out and content is constantly being updated as we speak. It is a time to reinvent the way you study, if it's not working for you. It's a period of time where you know you have classes but haven't completely settled into the new term yet. For me, it's a time to reflect on Term 1's performance and hopefully improve upon what I have already built. Particularly when I only took one course in Term 1. It's a fairly big jump from only doing one course to doing the full load (that is, undertaking 3 courses at once).

All I can say for Week 1 is that, I haven't fallen behind yet. And I'm happy that I haven't.