Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 12:25:49 am

Author Topic: Jimmy's Law & Commerce Contemplations  (Read 9060 times)

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +154
Re: Jimmy's Law & Commerce Contemplations
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2020, 06:09:17 pm »
+9
Hope you can relax a bit more now that the decision is made
No rest for the (not so) wicked, I'm still busy as anything trying to organise my life.  ;D

What did you end up deciding? ;D
I changed! I'll give you a quick recap of my Thursday night, though;

9:30pm: Decided to go to Law/Commerce, enrol on the WES platform, got to the unit selection step (which is required to enrol) and it wouldn't let me pick my units because one of them (a law unit) was 'repeated in the same time period'.

10:30pm: panicking because my offer expires at 11:59pm, and not a single Monash contact (online, connect, chat service, phone) was available as they're only open until 5pm.

10:45pm: I realised I might need to discontinue my previous course before I can enrol in the new one.

11pm: Sitting at the table wondering whether to risk discontinuation, as I was scared that if I discontinued and the new offer still didn't work, I'd be left in a lurch with nothing.

11:30pm: I took the leap, discontinued and it let me (finally!) accept the offer and receive the transaction number.

Literally the most stressful day I've had all year  :P :'( ::) You would think they'd make it a little clearer! I found out a few others encountered the same problem in the following day.
2018 - 2019 (VCE): English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Business Management (2018), Philosophy
2020 - 2024: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash University

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2020, 03:35:48 pm »
+5
Currently torturing myself that we have to wait until the 21st for our timetables now.  :'(
2018 - 2019 (VCE): English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Business Management (2018), Philosophy
2020 - 2024: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash University

jinaede1342

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +34
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2020, 09:51:42 am »
+4
Hi Jimmy,

So exciting that you have made a decision! I guess we’re really in the same boat now. Law/Commerce, tentative methods experience and no background in accounting/economics. Will be keenly keeping up with this journal. Feels great knowing I’m not the only slightly concerned person. How’s your timetable looking? I have two full days and one one hour day!
VCE: | English [48] | Global Politics [44] | Biology [40] | Chemistry [36] | French [34] | Methods [32]
ATAR: 98.40
2020: Bachelor of Laws (honours)/ Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash

Selling Global Politics responses + English/Global feedback and essay correction: https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=189680.0

Global Politics Tuition via Zoom - PM for details

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2020, 01:17:09 pm »
+6
Been a bit of time between drinks here...

Recent events have meant that everything is on hold/delayed/online now. I originally had Tuesday,Wednesday & Friday at Uni so it's a pity it's all pretty much going to be online this semester, with limited (if any) contact at the uni. Motivation might be a struggle.

That's life though, gotta keep marching on.

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2020, 11:44:42 pm »
+4
I received a few PMs about this so I figured it best be answered here;

In terms of my timetabling, I was fortunate to land only three days for such an intensive double degree! Bit of luck, making sure my middle preferences clashed so I'd get my higher ones and fortune came through! Albeit, my three days are very intensive. Fridays especially.  :'(

jinaede1342

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +34
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2020, 01:12:47 am »
+3
Same! My Friday’s were 8am - 6pm. I guess it won’t matter now  :P
VCE: | English [48] | Global Politics [44] | Biology [40] | Chemistry [36] | French [34] | Methods [32]
ATAR: 98.40
2020: Bachelor of Laws (honours)/ Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash

Selling Global Politics responses + English/Global feedback and essay correction: https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=189680.0

Global Politics Tuition via Zoom - PM for details

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2020, 04:08:11 pm »
+1
Same! My Friday’s were 8am - 6pm. I guess it won’t matter now  :P
We must have some of the same classes!

It'll all be on Zoom now, so still technically relevant.

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2020, 02:23:19 pm »
+10
Exams done!

It was a hectic few months. Assignments galore, 3 timed exams (2-3 hours) in the last week + a take home exam a few weeks ago which was really a blessing. Now 5 weeks of holidays. What am I to do?!? Honestly doesn't even feel like I've had Uni with Corona, despite going into Monash a few times.

Might try learn an instrument!

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2020, 12:33:54 am »
+7
Been a big month of change!

Results came out, I was pretty content at the lower end, but disappointed at the higher end. I ended up very consistent all round but was disappointed by Criminal Law not being much higher, but pleasantly surprised by Accounting being a Distinction as my lowest mark.

Two weeks in; can definitely tell this semester will be more intense, but I'm a little more ready and know what I need to do.

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2020, 06:54:36 pm »
+7
A fun week!

More assessments for Commerce, frustrating we are forced to do them on Friday though. Also signed up for Mooting!

Skittles99

• Adventurer
  • Love to help out where I can.
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2020, 01:06:25 am »
+4
Hey Jimmy, I just had a quick stalk through your journal, I'm joining the bandwagon of following this thread now!  :)

How are you finding everything?
2019-2023: Monash University

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2020, 01:31:22 pm »
+7
Hey Jimmy, I just had a quick stalk through your journal, I'm joining the bandwagon of following this thread now!  :)

How are you finding everything?
Hi Skittles!

So, so sorry for this very delayed response. It's been a very busy few months! Welcoming you onto the (hopefully more regularly updated) bandwagon from here on.

To give a full rundown from September; it was packed with assignments due! All within a given two week period, so it definitely follows suit from VCE where term 3 was the busiest term. Exams were tough given lockdown was just easing and the sun was shining, but we got through! A bit of rest now. Can safely say I'm far more excited for next year having completed a year of uni than I was going into it with the knowledge that this year was going to be mostly (if not totally) online.

Skittles99

• Adventurer
  • Love to help out where I can.
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2021, 08:01:41 pm »
Hi Skittles!

So, so sorry for this very delayed response. It's been a very busy few months! Welcoming you onto the (hopefully more regularly updated) bandwagon from here on.

To give a full rundown from September; it was packed with assignments due! All within a given two week period, so it definitely follows suit from VCE where term 3 was the busiest term. Exams were tough given lockdown was just easing and the sun was shining, but we got through! A bit of rest now. Can safely say I'm far more excited for next year having completed a year of uni than I was going into it with the knowledge that this year was going to be mostly (if not totally) online.

Don't be sorry, its been busy for me too!

I'm so glad to hear all that :) I wish you all the best for your second year of Law & Commerce!! Can't wait to read all about it :)
2019-2023: Monash University