Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:36:16 am

Poll

Is it still possible to get a band 5 if you failed one assessment task

yes
6 (85.7%)
no
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Maths -- HSC help!!  (Read 721 times)

Joeyk2

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Maths -- HSC help!!
« on: December 05, 2018, 10:42:21 am »
Hey, i just wanted to ask today i finished term 1 of HSC and i did well in all my assignments besides one; Maths and i wasn't ready and i think i failed. I was wondering if this mark ruins my whole HSC like is it possible to get a band 5 for that subject still or it isn't. I need an atar of 80 and aiming for a 90. Is it possible to still get an atar of 80.

J

charlottemchenry

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +14
Re: Maths -- HSC help!!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 11:40:03 am »
+5
Hey, i just wanted to ask today i finished term 1 of HSC and i did well in all my assignments besides one; Maths and i wasn't ready and i think i failed. I was wondering if this mark ruins my whole HSC like is it possible to get a band 5 for that subject still or it isn't. I need an atar of 80 and aiming for a 90. Is it possible to still get an atar of 80.

J

It is definitely possible to get a band 5, possibly even higher. The first tasks are often worth very little (less than 20% of your internal). It’s also possible you didn’t do as bad as expected. What’s important for internal is your rank so if you found it hard it’s possible a lot of other people did too, and even if you come out of this with a low rank there’s plenty of time to improve it (I went from 13th in my first task to 6th in the second and was 8th overall). There’s a good article on here explaining how the system works. Just work hard on the rest of your tasks and a band 5 is totally possible!
HSC 2018 - Standard English [88] || Mathematics [89] || Biology [89] || Chemistry [83] || Legal Studies [92] || Studies of Religion 1 [45]

Atar:

UTS 2019 - Bachelor of Advanced Science (Infection and Immunity) and Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation

Joeyk2

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Maths -- HSC help!!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 11:46:16 am »
thanks so much