Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 02:32:57 am

Author Topic: OFFERING MONASH MEDICAL INTERVIEW TUTORING [99.9 ATAR]  (Read 3232 times)  Share 

neuroislife

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
OFFERING MONASH MEDICAL INTERVIEW TUTORING [99.9 ATAR]
« on: December 06, 2017, 11:29:53 am »
If you stressed out about the process, or need some additional help, I have a few slots available for MMI tuition.

So about me – I went through the graduate cycle in 2016 and have previously interviewed for undergraduate and graduate positions at Monash, Newcastle, Sydney and Melbourne University so I have a lot of experience with the different formats from different universities. Having completed a Bachelor of Biomedicine and graduating with a First Class Honors, I decided to commence the Doctor of Medicine course at the University of Melbourne this year on a commonwealth supported place. I obtained an ATAR of 99.90 and was the dux of my high school.

I have had a lot of experience tutoring groups and privately as teaching is a big passion of mine. I’ve had over 6 years of tutoring experience, tutoring hundreds of students from high school sciences to university level courses. More relevantly, I’ve also tutored undergraduate medical school applicants to universities such as UNSW, Newcastle and Monash university who have all gotten into a medical school they applied for. As a result, I have one of the highest success rates for the medical school interview. 

I’ve written my own set of worksheets that I walk through with my students and they are often said to be incredibly helpful for revision. I also walk through the structure and approach to MMI stations and include a lot of practice questions relevant to the universities you are applying to – whether it be Monash, Usyd, Unimelb or ANU.

I prefer 3 sessions to cover the big overarching concepts while also being able to include tips to fully maximise the marks at each station. The first session focuses on the interpersonal skills, the second session focuses on scenarios and ethical challenges and the third session will be answering real MMI questions from my enormous question bank. These sessions can be either separate or together depending on your preference and our time schedule.

For individuals, I charge 80 dollars an hour but am happy to accommodate 2 people at 125 dollars an hour. Extra sessions are also available for extra practice for those who need it.

As a Unimelb student, I’m prefer to tutor out of the medical building . Please feel free to send me a message with any questions either on this forum or to my email [email protected]

« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 10:28:17 pm by neuroislife »