Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:54:45 am

Author Topic: Should I try to teach myself 3/4 economics while in year 11?  (Read 5658 times)  Share 

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
Hey guys so I was wondering would it be beneficial to try and teach myself unit 3/4 while still in year 11? Should I try to do year 12 practice exams as well? I thought it would really help if I some licks in early.

IThinkIFailed

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +12
Re: Should I try to teach myself 3/4 economics while in year 11?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 05:47:09 pm »
Hey guys so I was wondering would it be beneficial to try and teach myself unit 3/4 while still in year 11? Should I try to do year 12 practice exams as well? I thought it would really help if I some licks in early.
Personally, I wouldn’t recommend this. However, Unit 3 AOS1 is microeconomics, so rather than trying to rush ahead, you could perhaps focus on ensuring you fully understand microeconomic concepts, so you have a head start and a better grasp on the content for next year.
Alternatively, if you are someone who benefits from working ahead and actually trying to understand the concepts you are working ahead on, go ahead, it will be beneficial for you. Just remember to try and consolidate this new knowledge instead of doing it and forgetting it before year 12 rolls around.
2019:
Biology [42]   Economics [46]

2020:
Methods[41 :( ]
English [42]
Chemistry [47]
Legal studies [44]

ATAR: 99.00

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
Re: Should I try to teach myself 3/4 economics while in year 11?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 05:57:17 pm »
I don't see why it would be a BAD idea as if you have the time getting a basic understanding will be beneficial. It's the same as pre reading before a class so its 'easier' to digest info that you are already semi-familiar with. IMO it would be beneficial perhaps to do this in Term 4 and Summer holidays as you shouldn't be aiming to complete the course in its entirety - perhaps learn key words and read your textbook kind of thing? It's very subjective so chose what you want to do but make sure you don't just forget about it and waste what you learnt if you chose to learn stuff early :)
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP