Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:39:44 am

Author Topic: Time Management And Tips During The Test  (Read 1519 times)  Share 

_rohan.r_

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Time Management And Tips During The Test
« on: February 29, 2020, 08:09:16 am »

Hello guys, so i had a few questions about the selective exam coming up in a few months about how to complete the test. How would you guys recommend doing it?

- For example, should i start from the top of the exam and do the questions in-order correspondingly and then mark the questions i don't know or i find challenging?

- Or should i complete all the questions i'm confident in doing in first then going back to the one's i found challenging.

- Also, last thing, about how many minutes left on the clock should i stop and guess all the other ones i didn't have time to do?

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
Re: Time Management And Tips During The Test
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 09:41:56 am »
+5
Hello!  ;D

I think it would be better to start from the start of the exam paper and work your way through to the end. This way, you'll know that you haven't missed any questions. Yeah, it would be a good idea to do all the easy questions first and then the more difficult questions so that you're securing those easy marks and also because it's a very time-limited exam. But, if you do that, make sure that you put an asterisk next to the questions you're skipping so that you don't accidentally put an answer for that. Otherwise, it'll muck up your whole answer sheet. You need to be really careful with this.
This method worked for me but in the end, it's up to you. Whatever works for you, you should do it. Have you done practise exams timed? And if so, what method have you been using to answer the questions?

I think the last question really depends on each sub-exam because some you might find harder and some you might find easier so you might have more or less time left depending on which one it is. Also, I think it's good to focus on answering as many questions as you can, without guessing them so towards the end, you can start guessing when you feel like you have absolutely no time at all.

I hope this helps.  :)

_rohan.r_

• Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 12:58:27 pm »
+1
Hello!  ;D

I think it would be better to start from the start of the exam paper and work your way through to the end. This way, you'll know that you haven't missed any questions. Yeah, it would be a good idea to do all the easy questions first and then the more difficult questions so that you're securing those easy marks and also because it's a very time-limited exam. But, if you do that, make sure that you put an asterisk next to the questions you're skipping so that you don't accidentally put an answer for that. Otherwise, it'll muck up your whole answer sheet. You need to be really careful with this.
This method worked for me but in the end, it's up to you. Whatever works for you, you should do it. Have you done practise exams timed? And if so, what method have you been using to answer the questions?

I think the last question really depends on each sub-exam because some you might find harder and some you might find easier so you might have more or less time left depending on which one it is. Also, I think it's good to focus on answering as many questions as you can, without guessing them so towards the end, you can start guessing when you feel like you have absolutely no time at all.

Thank you so much!

_rohan.r_

• Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 01:01:56 pm »
+1
Hello!  ;D

Thanks, one more question :), is there any other websites for me to get some practice papers apart from the government website one. 

Evolio

• Forum Leader
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 01:30:44 pm »
+1
Thanks, one more question :), is there any other websites for me to get some practice papers apart from the government website one. 
I tried looking online but most of them, you have to buy. However I did find these http://derozaedr.com.au/free-sample-tests/
These are less relevant to the exam , compared to the practice papers on the government website so you should prioritise the government ones. I think it's more useful to keep repeating the government website papers until you get 100% on all of them as those question styles are the ones you'll get in the exam.

_rohan.r_

• Trailblazer
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 02:00:28 pm »
+1
I tried looking online but most of them, you have to buy. However I did find these http://derozaedr.com.au/free-sample-tests/
These are less relevant to the exam , compared to the practice papers on the government website so you should prioritise the government ones. I think it's more useful to keep repeating the government website papers until you get 100% on all of them as those question styles are the ones you'll get in the exam.

Great, thank you so much, the government one is easier than the exams on the "deRoza" website! Based on your experience, will the questions on the real test be more " challenging " like the questions on the De roza website or will they be easier? Thanks.

Evolio

• Forum Leader
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2020, 02:59:17 pm »
Yeah, the questions on the real paper were way more challenging than the ones on the Government website.

_rohan.r_

• Trailblazer
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 04:21:40 pm »
Yeah, the questions on the real paper were way more challenging than the ones on the Government website.

No no, i meant are the questions in the real exam harder than the "De Roza" ones? Because the tests on the "De Roza" website are really challenging to be honest!

Evolio

• Forum Leader
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2020, 04:37:26 pm »
+1
I don't know to be honest because I did the exam 4 years ago so the actual difficulty of the exam/exam might have changed so I can't really compared it to the De Roza ones.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 04:40:02 pm by Evolio »

_rohan.r_

• Trailblazer
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2020, 04:48:41 pm »
I don't know to be honest because I did the exam 4 years ago so the actual difficulty of the exam/exam might have changed so I can't really compared it to the De Roza ones.

Oh, that's quite a long time ago, based on the exam 4 years ago, would you conclude that it's harder or easier  :)

Evolio

• Forum Leader
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2020, 04:55:19 pm »
+3
Maybe a bit easier but it's not accurate because these style of questions are a bit different to the style of the actual exam questions.

_rohan.r_

• Trailblazer
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2020, 06:56:18 pm »
+1
Maybe a bit easier but it's not accurate because these style of questions are a bit different to the style of the actual exam questions.

Thanks!