Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:17:26 am

Author Topic: dissapointing pysch SAC  (Read 714 times)  Share 

addae01

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
dissapointing pysch SAC
« on: July 17, 2019, 02:32:48 pm »
Hi,

For my psych unit 3 SACS I got; 74 then 84 then 95. I was disappointed with how I started and tried hard to improve over the semester but for my research poster (unit 4 outcome 3), I stuffed up and got a 72. I just realised now that unit 4 is more important and Im not sure if I can get a 37+ anymore. Is it still possible.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: dissapointing pysch SAC
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 03:13:50 pm »
+4
Yeah it's possible :) 

VCAA doesn't directly look at the percentages you got on each assessment - what matters more is your rank (how high your scores are compared to your classmates) and your exam performance. For an in-depth look at this, you might find this thread useful.

Seriously, please don't give up because it's entirely possible you're on track to a really high score even though it might not feel like it. Even if you don't understand the technical side the main thing is that you know the exam is worth a lot and the most important thing (in terms of your psych score) is performing well on that. I got less than 72% on multiple SACs in another of my science subjects where I went on to score 40+ so hope is certainly not lost

Good luck!

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: dissapointing pysch SAC
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 05:45:29 pm »
+3
Hi,

For my psych unit 3 SACS I got; 74 then 84 then 95. I was disappointed with how I started and tried hard to improve over the semester but for my research poster (unit 4 outcome 3), I stuffed up and got a 72. I just realised now that unit 4 is more important and Im not sure if I can get a 37+ anymore. Is it still possible.
its true U4 is worth more than U3 but the exam is worth more than both of them combined.

Already with your U3 sacs, you have shown that you are capable of improving with two 80+ scores so aim to do the same with unit 4.
As Bri said it's your ranking that matters so you could be doing better than you think right now.

Also, a study score of 37+ is still very possible from here - your exam will be the most important thing in determining your study score so try to maximise that and your next two U4 sacs.