Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:46:14 am

Author Topic: UNSW Open Day meet up thread!  (Read 7841 times)  Share 

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: UNSW Open Day meet up thread!
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2017, 10:24:13 pm »
+4
woah woah hold up i wasn't the one who mentioned you both have to be there.... EEEEEEP, not me 😶😂

i have no idea what you're talking about but alright sure might turn up there if i remember what those are :-)

That's a good call, if we are there we can take you to the building for whatever your degree is and show you around! I mean, not that you stay in your building, but cool to see your stuff ;D

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2017, 10:31:47 pm »
+2
woah woah hold up i wasn't the one who mentioned you both have to be there.... EEEEEEP, not me 😶😂

i have no idea what you're talking about but alright sure might turn up there if i remember what those are :-)
It's okay, I just chose to quote you instead of E6P for some reason.

Damn you Marco >:(

Also those buildings will be kinda obvious once you're there. They're like at the middle of the campus, where that globe thingamabob is

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 10:34:19 pm »
+1
That's a good call, if we are there we can take you to the building for whatever your degree is and show you around! I mean, not that you stay in your building, but cool to see your stuff ;D

aye sounds good! i went last year and found it alright to navigate which is quite odd because i'm terrible with that kind of stuff 😅 btw what bus goes directly from central station to unsw?

It's okay, I just chose to quote you instead of E6P for some reason.

Damn you Marco >:(

Also those buildings will be kinda obvious once you're there. They're like at the middle of the campus, where that globe thingamabob is

all good :-)

we'll see how my navigation skills work out hahahahah
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2017, 10:35:54 pm »
+1
aye sounds good! i went last year and found it alright to navigate which is quite odd because i'm terrible with that kind of stuff 😅 btw what bus goes directly from central station to unsw?
It's either 891 or 895 if you're after the express. But regarding the express, that queue will be very long.

Usually if it says Anzac Parade or 39something it should work... I usually just use opal travel (or planmytrip if I'm on a computer)

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2017, 10:44:52 pm »
+1
It's either 891 or 895 if you're after the express. But regarding the express, that queue will be very long.

Usually if it says Anzac Parade or 39something it should work... I usually just use opal travel (or planmytrip if I'm on a computer)

alright cool thanks! checked out the 39-ish buses and most of them lead straight to unsw so should be good transport wise :-)
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies

EEEEEEP

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • Resource Writer
  • Respect: +543
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2017, 11:42:04 pm »
+1
Is this the globe thing?

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2017, 11:42:36 pm »
+1

EEEEEEP

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • Resource Writer
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2017, 10:36:13 pm »
+1

oops :,)

So is this thing happening tomorrow?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2017, 10:41:28 pm »
+7
Sorry guys - I've been sick the last day or two and I just need to rest it off otherwise it isn't going to go away :( have fun though! Rui will show you everything you want to see (Jake or Maddie or Naomi or Isaac might actually be there too, not sure?) ;D

Actual, proper, full on AN NSW meet-up is absolutely happening in the future too  8)

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2017, 10:55:19 pm »
+3
oops :,)

So is this thing happening tomorrow?

i don't think it would be a proper meet up, if you could call it that, but i'll be around pretty much the whole day, come say hi! will be changing my forum photo for the time i'm there so you all know what i look like :-)

Sorry guys - I've been sick the last day or two and I just need to rest it off otherwise it isn't going to go away :( have fun though! Rui will show you everything you want to see (Jake or Maddie or Naomi or Isaac might actually be there too, not sure?) ;D

Actual, proper, full on AN NSW meet-up is absolutely happening in the future too  8)

that's alright, get well soon! will keep an eye out for the nsw meetup (strange... the compound word 'meetup' wasn't changed by autocorrect) 👀

EEEEEEP

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • Resource Writer
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2017, 11:05:29 pm »
+2

that's alright, get well soon! will keep an eye out for the nsw meetup (strange... the compound word 'meetup' wasn't changed by autocorrect) 👀
Whole day :P?

You're a big fan.

Get well soon ::)), Rest up jamon =)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 11:07:25 pm by EEEEEEP »

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2017, 11:13:58 pm »
Whole day :P?

You're a big fan.

depends on if i can wake up early enough on a saturday morning

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2017, 11:18:58 pm »
+4
depends on if i can wake up early enough on a saturday morning

If they're open, Coffee on Campus is the coffee shop next to the Globe Lawn (the lawn with the metal globe on it, opposite Electrical Engineering Building) - They've got the best coffee on lower campus to get you through ;) if fyou are up near the Main Library, look around for the cart selling coffee - They are also tops ;D

Also, snack packs from the Kebab Shop in the Quad Food Court near the UNSW Book Shop are way better than the ones from the shop near the library ;)

winstondarmawan

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2017, 11:34:07 pm »
Just a question about transport!
If we get off at Central station, there will be a line of open day attenders with UNSW helpers waiting for a bus outside right? Do I just have to look for that group and catch that bus?

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2017, 11:37:48 pm »
+3
Just a question about transport!
If we get off at Central station, there will be a line of open day attenders with UNSW helpers waiting for a bus outside right? Do I just have to look for that group and catch that bus?
You'll most likely see a giant group AND helpers so it'll be fine

Pardon the chain post. I'll merge later (or if any mod wants to merge it for me after 20min that'd be appreciated.)

So most likely I'll be there. I'll probably be in the car (from Hurstville) at around 1:30. This means I'll anticipate to arrive around 2:05 and at latest 2:25, but I don't know how long it'll take to find parking. I'll head straight for the Globe lawn (as E6P pictured) and I'll be very obvious in my ATARnotes shirt. Come up and say hi/poke/yell at me whatever I'll probably respond two seconds delayed but from there we'll see how things go!

I don't anticipate being there later than 2:45 but if that does happen... well either I'll post about it or just text Jess? Idk

Requested merge :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 12:06:48 am by jamonwindeyer »