Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:51:11 pm

Author Topic: 87+ star still possible?  (Read 1128 times)

TaemiSeok

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
87+ star still possible?
« on: April 11, 2019, 11:09:31 am »
So umm I'm soooo flipping done with school and I feel like giving up.
But I'm managing to keep myself somewhat motivated.
These are my current marks so far and idk if I'll be able to get my goal of 87, ik my first marks suck cos I wasn't in a good state of mind but I'm determined to do as much as I can. My rankings are pretty good though but idk if my class just sucks tbh (no offence), I'm 1st in maths, 3rd in legal, idk about the others. Sometimes I feel like my good marks are just flukes lmao...
Current marks:

PDHPE: 92%, 84%
Maths: 68%, 88%
English: 65%
Legal: 82%, 74%
Biology: 68%, 90%

plz I want to make my asian parents proud :^)

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: 87+ star still possible?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 01:48:38 pm »
+4
So umm I'm soooo flipping done with school and I feel like giving up.
But I'm managing to keep myself somewhat motivated.
These are my current marks so far and idk if I'll be able to get my goal of 87, ik my first marks suck cos I wasn't in a good state of mind but I'm determined to do as much as I can. My rankings are pretty good though but idk if my class just sucks tbh (no offence), I'm 1st in maths, 3rd in legal, idk about the others. Sometimes I feel like my good marks are just flukes lmao...
Current marks:

PDHPE: 92%, 84%
Maths: 68%, 88%
English: 65%
Legal: 82%, 74%
Biology: 68%, 90%

plz I want to make my asian parents proud :^)

Hey, TaemiSeok!

Motivation is central to maintaining a positive and resilient attitude towards the HSC. That being said, finding the right source for it and working towards the final goal you want to achieve can often be difficult if you don’t have foresight. What you need to do is set small goals and steps to help you get to where you need to be. Try and reduce your overall goal of an 87+ ATAR to improving one subject at a time. An excellent way you can track your progress on the forum is in our Accountability and Motivation board  ;D

Setting mini extension tasks after each class can help you invent ways to retain your content better. For example, after a theory class for VA, I would set myself the task to watch a video on that particular movement or artist. With Biology, for example, you could watch Crash Course or ASAP Science videos to assist you there or with Legal, search for contemporary examples which reflect the content you covered in class. This way, you can tailor the learning around your own needs and target areas that you might need more work on. It’ll also make studying much more enjoyable  ;D

I also wouldn’t focus too much on marks and ranks at this point. We have plenty of success stories on AN that prove that it’s not too late to boost your performance and achieve the best you can  ;D As long as you aim to improve in manageable steps, you’ll be able to work towards your ATAR goal over time. Hope this helps!

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music