Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 12:02:21 am

Author Topic: Networks Questions  (Read 2812 times)  Share 

thaifriedrice

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
Networks Questions
« on: May 29, 2019, 03:10:31 pm »
Yo so does anyone know where I can find some exam style questions for networks?
Cos it's a new topic this year, I can't really look at past papers. I'm aware NESA has released a sample past paper for maths with some networks questions but I've already tried those.
Thx xx
୧[ ˵ ͡ᵔ ͜ʟ ͡ᵔ ˵ ]୨ ~uwu

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
Re: Networks Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 03:16:50 pm »
+1
For some free options:

Critical path analysis is also taught in business studied I believe, so that can be a source for questions.

Kruskal's/Prim's algorithm questions can be found by just googling a random worksheet on them. (Or you could also just google up random graphs and apply Kruskal's/Prim's on them, but that might be a bit unpleasant due to lack of answers.)

For the shortest paths, search up problems on Dijkstra's algorithm (not the programming version, just a worksheet version) and try computing some of the shortest paths in just the way you were taught. However some questions might go well beyond the expectations of Maths Standard.

Sadly wouldn't have a clue about the flow networks stuff :/
You can try searching some problems on the Ford-Fulkerson algorithm, because that theorem is designed to help you find a maximum flow in a flow network. However much like Dijkstra's for shortest paths, I'm not too sure how useful it will be.

Otherwise, there's always the AN topic tests and various other textbooks out there.

Inevitably there's going to be fewer questions for fewer topics. As a student this is ridiculously frustrating, but nothing can be done about it. Remember that everyone else is in the same boat as you are with this issue.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 03:22:12 pm by RuiAce »

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 04:53:47 pm »
Not sure how similar the content is (although from what Rui said it sounds similar), but it might be worth having a look at the VCE further math exams - we've been doing networks for just about forever.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

dani01

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 05:27:07 pm »
The VCE papers have very very similar concepts to ours. Some questions from our assignment at school were from a vce paper that someone in my class found online. The questions are very similar as there isn't really much variety (I think anyway) with the type of questions they can give us.