Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:29:04 am

Author Topic: Work Experience for Physiotherapy  (Read 4179 times)

daddyyshrek

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9
Work Experience for Physiotherapy
« on: January 13, 2021, 11:28:39 pm »
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm looking for looking for work experience placements for (Sports) Physiotherapy. I've looked at some hospitals, but most of them seemed to have cancelled the program this year due to Covid, or just haven't updated the website with any details for 2021. I have already secured a placement with Swinburne University, but I've had a change of heart. I haven't given up my spot yet, just in case I can't I find any placements. Should I be contacting local Physio clinics? Does anyone have any experience in applying for Phyiso placements? Thank you so much!
-- VCE goals --
2022: HHD [45]
2023: English [42], Biology [40], Methods [25], Physical Education [40], Global Politics [35]
ATAR: Anything that will get me into Physiotherapy

Dream Courses:
Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours) @ UQ
Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science/Bachelor of Nutrition Science @ Deakin

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Work Experience for Physiotherapy
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 09:34:19 pm »
+5
Finished my physio degree last year so should be able to give some good info hopefully!
Hospitals run work experience programs in allied health but there's limited spots and a lot of people that want to do it. Plus with Covid, the programs will probably also be on the back burner for 2021, if they run at all.
If you're interested in sports physio, get in contact with the local physio clinics around you and ask if they'd be willing to have a work experience student! Most are pretty accommodating and welcoming and I've seen plenty around that host work experience students.