Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 08:39:46 am

Author Topic: VCE Plus - La Trobe  (Read 2297 times)  Share 

EmilyRoseLamb

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
VCE Plus - La Trobe
« on: February 04, 2016, 07:37:42 pm »
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what people think of La Trobe's VCE plus program, particularly in Law (Bendigo). I should be starting at the end of Feb but as I'm taking 5 3/4's, I'm concerned about the workload and also, the time of my tutorial is very awkward and I can't even attend my lecture because it's on Monday morning, during school hours!

My question is: How much work is there and how much time will taking the subject consume? Do the benefits outweigh the cons or vice versa?

Thanks in advance  :)
Tutoring Global Politics (44) and Legal Studies (47). PM for information.

ATAR 2016: 97.00

Monash Law(Hons)/Arts, 80+ WAM.

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: VCE Plus - La Trobe
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 08:38:06 pm »
Given that the VCE Plus scheme is basically the same thing as completing a university level subject whilst in Year 12, it would be no secret that the workload is intense. An obvious benefit would be having the opportunity to experience how a university subject is operated - and how La Trobe in particular operates its law department (as you may think about going there next year).

An obvious con is workload. I've never experienced a law subject at La Trobe, but if it is anything like other subjects, the workload will be high. Lectures are usually recorded, so if you can't attend make sure you watch it on Echo 360. Do they give you access to La Trobe's LMS or not as a VCE Plus student (I assume they would for your subject's online resources)?

Make sure you ask someone if the lectures are recorded, and definitely attend the tutorial.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile