Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 05:30:26 am

Author Topic: Economics BOP Essay  (Read 2171 times)

meerae

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Trendsetter
  • wack.
  • Respect: +86
Economics BOP Essay
« on: January 21, 2019, 12:18:09 pm »
+1
Hi!

So my first economics task is an exam with an essay, fortunately, we were given the essay question.
The question is 'Explain the main components of Australia’s balance of payments and discuss the reasons for the persistent current account deficit in the Balance of payments'

I would really appreciate any feedback, thank you :)

2018 hsc; mathematics
2019 hsc; english adv english ext 1&2 math ext 1 legal studies economics

HSC w/ a stresshead {class of'19}

david.wang28

• MOTM: MAR 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Always do everything equanimously
  • Respect: +29
Re: Economics BOP Essay
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 12:24:49 pm »
+1
Hi!

So my first economics task is an exam with an essay, fortunately, we were given the essay question.
The question is 'Explain the main components of Australia’s balance of payments and discuss the reasons for the persistent current account deficit in the Balance of payments'

I would really appreciate any feedback, thank you :)
Hi meerae! I don't do economics, but I did do business studies. To me, this looks like a quality essay that can get you at least a mid band 5. What I would recommend is to shorten your third body paragraph and try to talk about another factor rather than go too in-depth about one factor. Other than that, it looks fine to me. I know this isn't very detailed feedback, but hopefully this should be somewhat useful!
Selection rank: 95.25

2020-2024: Bachelor of engineering and computer science @ UNSW

meerae

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Trendsetter
  • wack.
  • Respect: +86
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 05:37:55 pm »
+1
Hi meerae! I don't do economics, but I did do business studies. To me, this looks like a quality essay that can get you at least a mid band 5. What I would recommend is to shorten your third body paragraph and try to talk about another factor rather than go too in-depth about one factor. Other than that, it looks fine to me. I know this isn't very detailed feedback, but hopefully this should be somewhat useful!

Hi David!
Thanks for your feedback, my economics teacher has been pretty specific in the format and has told us to allocate 1-2 paragraphs for the first part of the question and the 1 paragraph for the second part of the question (as it is the more content heavy part which is worth more marks) - that's why it looks huge in comparison. As I talk about two main points with sub-points I could possibly cut that paragraph into two.

Again, thanks for your feedback!
2018 hsc; mathematics
2019 hsc; english adv english ext 1&2 math ext 1 legal studies economics

HSC w/ a stresshead {class of'19}

david.wang28

• MOTM: MAR 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Always do everything equanimously
  • Respect: +29
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 06:03:00 pm »
Hi David!
Thanks for your feedback, my economics teacher has been pretty specific in the format and has told us to allocate 1-2 paragraphs for the first part of the question and the 1 paragraph for the second part of the question (as it is the more content heavy part which is worth more marks) - that's why it looks huge in comparison. As I talk about two main points with sub-points I could possibly cut that paragraph into two.

Again, thanks for your feedback!
No worries :)
Selection rank: 95.25

2020-2024: Bachelor of engineering and computer science @ UNSW