Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:16:27 pm

Author Topic: Year 12 student doing VET IT Unit 1&2?  (Read 5701 times)  Share 

Ivant95

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: East Doncaster Secondary College
Year 12 student doing VET IT Unit 1&2?
« on: January 30, 2013, 06:48:54 pm »
Hi,
I am in year 12 this year and I have just realized that I have been put into a unit 1&2 VET IT course. I did not do VET IT last year I only just picked this subject for this year and I'm just wondering if this subject will count towards my Atar at the end of the year if its unit 1&2? Also, has anyone else ever done unit 1&2 for year 12 or is this a mistake that my school has made?

Thanks

paulsterio

• ATAR Notes Legend
  • I <3 2SHAN
  • Respect: +430
Re: Year 12 student doing VET IT Unit 1&2?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 07:04:45 pm »
I don't understand why you would be enrolled in a subject which you didn't choose to enroll in?

MJRomeo81

• Part of the furniture
  • Princeps
  • Respect: +167
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 07:13:09 pm »
Hi,
I did not do VET IT last year I only just picked this subject for this year and I'm just wondering if this subject will count towards my Atar at the end of the year if its unit 1&2? Also, has anyone else ever done unit 1&2 for year 12 or is this a mistake that my school has made?

So you chose to study VET IT in year 12? Units 1 and 2 don't count towards the ATAR.

I don't know exactly how VET works but ask if you can attempt units 3 and 4 of VET IT without completing 1&2. You definitely don't want to be completing 1&2 in year 12.
Currently working in the IT Industry as an Oracle DBA (State Government)

Murphy was an optimist

Bachelor of Information Technology @ La Trobe (Melbourne) - Completed 2014
WAM: 91.96
The key, the whole key, and nothing but the key, so help me Codd.

Subjects I tutored during my time at LTU:
CSE2DBF (Database Fundamentals)
CSE1IS (Information Systems)
CSE2DES (System Design Engineering)

“If I had an hour to solve a problem I'd spend 55 minutes defining the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.”
― Albert Einstein

Ivant95

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: East Doncaster Secondary College
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 07:20:29 pm »
So you chose to study VET IT in year 12? Units 1 and 2 don't count towards the ATAR.

I don't know exactly how VET works but ask if you can attempt units 3 and 4 of VET IT without completing 1&2. You definitely don't want to be completing 1&2 in year 12.

Yes I picked unit 3&4 in the course selection form for year 12. I have read that you are able to undertake unit 3&4 VET IT without doing unit 1&2 from the vcaa website. I might just have to talk to my co-ordinators about this situation.

Thanks for the information