Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 07:46:05 am

Author Topic: I want to do more acts of kindness  (Read 24911 times)

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
Re: I want to do more acts of kindness
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 05:41:19 pm »
+6
Oh. My. Gosh. This thread has made my day!  I'm a little (or a big) obsessed with random acts of kindness and their potential to change the world hahaha.  Maybe this thread will motivate me to get to the coding step of my related app!

Am so keen for updates.  This is the best. ;D
I forgot to respond to this! :(
I seriously hope this thread highkey motivates you <3 ;D
I'm totes obsessed too! :P

I love how grateful the older people are...
I let an old lady go in front of me at the checkout the other day, and she nearly kissed me...:D
I think us younger peoples need to take it on... ;D
since AtarNotes has helped me so much throughout my HSC (idk what id do without them i stg)
i want to volunteer at their lectures just helping them out doing odd little jobs for them:)
Seriously loving how discussion like this is stemming from my semi-regular posting! ;D
Makes me happy af haha! =)
*sends happy vibes to all*
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 05:43:20 pm »
+4
I forgot to respond to this! :(
I seriously hope this thread highkey motivates you <3 ;D
I'm totes obsessed too! :P
Seriously loving how discussion like this is stemming from my semi-regular posting! ;D
Makes me happy af haha! =)
*sends happy vibes to all*
:D ;D ;D :D ;D :D :P
Happy vibes!!!
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2017, 10:14:34 am »
+12
Today:
I caught a train with a young kid and his dad. They weren't sure about how the train system works, so I helped out and explained it all to them. I continued to have a really nice chat with them, until I had to get off at North Melbourne. The dad said that he was touched by my kindness and that I'm a lovely young lady.
I'm super happy I made some other people's days. ;D

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2017, 10:43:32 am »
+11
Today:
I caught a train
Oh no
Today:
I caught a train with a young kid and his dad. They weren't sure about how the train system works, so I helped out and explained it all to them. I continued to have a really nice chat with them, until I had to get off at North Melbourne. The dad said that he was touched by my kindness and that I'm a lovely young lady.
Nvm, good on you!
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

EEEEEEP

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • Resource Writer
  • Respect: +543
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2017, 11:00:10 am »
+6
Today:

Gooo you ! keep up the good work :3.Inspiring others to be kind :)

lyoko

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +51
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2017, 12:11:59 am »
+5
I really love reading this thread insanipi! Always warms my heart :D It's feels so rewarding when you do these random acts of kindness.
As Morgan Freeman said in the film Evan Almight, 'How do we change the world? One single act of random kindness at a time.'

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2017, 06:29:00 pm »
+6
Gooo you ! keep up the good work :3.Inspiring others to be kind :)
I really love reading this thread insanipi! Always warms my heart :D It's feels so rewarding when you do these random acts of kindness.
As Morgan Freeman said in the film Evan Almight, 'How do we change the world? One single act of random kindness at a time.'
I'm glad you guys love reading this thread! ❤

A small act of kindness today: giving a stressed friend my coffee voucher for the cafeteria/cafe on campus. (She basically had to do an entire 30% group project herself). :)

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2017, 05:45:24 pm »
+9
So I have one of my uni friends who was looking for a syringe shaped mechanical pencil from Daiso (I have one I got from my local Daiso). They've been looking for ages, so yesterday I went to my local daiso and got one for them (and one each for the rest of our friendship group), and surprised him and the group today. The reactions on their faces was enough to make a very sleep deprived me smile. ;D

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2017, 04:01:57 pm »
+10
I may/may not be crying happy tears atm but coming home from my mum's bday lunch we (my mum and I) bumped into a homeless lady that we occasionally talked too. She saw us walking by, and she came up to us really excitedly- she found a unit to live in (out in Moe- about 2.5-3 hours away from where we live). She was really happy about it and she was talking about how happy she is to have been getting her life back on track, and she was boasting that she was going to save for a new bed. She kept thanking us for being there for her! ;D
It just makes me think about how even the simple necessities in life we sometimes take for granted, but a simple act of kindness goes a long way. :)

EDIT: Typo
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 04:29:12 pm by insanipi »

EEEEEEP

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • Resource Writer
  • Respect: +543
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2017, 04:05:29 pm »
+2
I may/may not be crying happy tears atm but coming home from my mum's bday lunch we (my mum and I) bumped into a homeless lady that we occasionally talked too. She saw us walking by, and she came up to us really excitedly- she found a unit to live in (out in Moe- about 2.5-3 hours away from where we live). She was really happy about it and she was talking about how happy she is to have been getting her life back on track, and she was boasting that she was going to save for a new bed. She kept thanking us for being there for her! ;D
It just makes me thing about how even the simple necessities in life we sometimes take for granted, but a simple act of kindness goes a long way. :)

<3.

That is so kind of you two for helping her do that ;'). Keep up the good work and you know (Acts of kindness!)

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2017, 02:50:28 pm »
+4
Wow! First topic I've stumbled across since joining the site, and I'm inspired already. Good job, guys.  :)
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2017, 11:22:06 pm »
+10
This spans over a few days, but is nice:
My youngest sister loves book just as much as I do. So late last week, I signed her up for her own library card- mum told me that I didn't have too, but I insisted anyways as I saw the joy on her little face when we walked in there so I could borrow a few books (I mean a lot, my to-read pile on my desk has had to be split into two piles after today's collection of held books haha :P ). She was super happy to have borrowed a book on her own card, and the very next day she showed off her card to her kinder teachers.

Anyways last night, I noticed that she left her book on her little bookshelf as I was putting her to bed. I pointed out the book and asked her if she wanted me to read to her before she falls asleep (which she usually doesn't get because I'm generally pretty busy haha), which I was met with a super enthusiastic nod. I read it to her and made the characters come to life as much as I possibly could, which she really enjoyed and told me in her own special way "you're the best Louise to read with".

Then this morning, when I woke up, she gave me an apple "in case you're hungry, because you're kind". This kinda touched me, so I decided to take her down to the library again as a surprise trip, just to see her little face light up whilst trying to find a book she'd like to read.

Even though I was being kind, I learnt a lot from my littlest sister- especially thoughtfulness (i.e. the apple), and that happiness can come from even the simplest of things (i.e. being read to/enjoying seeing that little smile)

(Also I am v tired rn, so this post is possibly fraught with mistakes that I'll fix up tomorrow! :) )

strawberries

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +416
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2017, 11:26:12 pm »
+3
My youngest sister loves book just as much as I do. So late last week, I signed her up for her own library card- mum told me that I didn't have too, but I insisted anyways as I saw the joy on her little face when we walked in there so I could borrow a few books (I mean a lot, my to-read pile on my desk has had to be split into two piles after today's collection of held books haha :P ). She was super happy to have borrowed a book on her own card, and the very next day she showed off her card to her kinder teachers.

Anyways last night, I noticed that she left her book on her little bookshelf as I was putting her to bed. I pointed out the book and asked her if she wanted me to read to her before she falls asleep (which she usually doesn't get because I'm generally pretty busy haha), which I was met with a super enthusiastic nod. I read it to her and made the characters come to life as much as I possibly could, which she really enjoyed and told me in her own special way "you're the best Louise to read with".

Then this morning, when I woke up, she gave me an apple "in case you're hungry, because you're kind". This kinda touched me, so I decided to take her down to the library again as a surprise trip, just to see her little face light up whilst trying to find a book she'd like to read.

Even though I was being kind, I learnt a lot from my littlest sister- especially thoughtfulness (i.e. the apple), and that happiness can come from even the simplest of things (i.e. being read to/enjoying seeing that little smile)

(Also I am v tired rn, so this post is possibly fraught with mistakes that I'll fix up tomorrow! :) )
nawww this is so sweet! :* <3
VCE '15
don't let dreams be dreams

lyoko

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +51
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2017, 12:27:16 am »
+1

Awwww! This post just made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Thank-you! I find that sometimes when you interact with little children or elderly people are they really help to reinforce the message that 'it's the little things that count' :)

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2017, 03:05:45 pm »
+8
It's been a while since I last posted here!
This morning, I was running a bit early so I decided to walk around Southbank for a bit. Coming back up to Swanston St via the stairs, I saw an old man struggling to bring one of those trolley jeeps down the stairs. I noticed a lot of people pass by without even offering to help, so I asked him if he wanted some help. He was pretty stoked that I even offered, and he preceded to tell me about how hard it is to do anything with a metal pin (or something similar- can't remember what exactly) in his leg. The smile he gave really made my day. :)