Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 02:05:17 am

Author Topic: YR 10 INTERVIEW  (Read 1104 times)  Share 

lach_chau04

• Adventurer
  • *Can be a bit of an otaku sometimes*😅
  • Respect: 0
YR 10 INTERVIEW
« on: July 26, 2018, 08:58:47 pm »
Hi, I am trying out for Year 10 this year and got an interview. For those who have tried out already or for those who have tried out this year, what should  we practice? Any tips?
Nani?
2019 - VCE Mathematical Methods Units 1 & 2

SChMurpel

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: YR 10 INTERVIEW
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 06:55:14 pm »
Hi, I am trying out for Year 10 this year and got an interview. For those who have tried out already or for those who have tried out this year, what should  we practice? Any tips?
I'm doing the interviews for year 10 as well this year, though, from my friend's experiences they told me that you there are several components.
It includes:
 - Group Task
 - Maths
 - Interview (1 on 1)

For the group task I believe you as a group would have to discuss and predict what the object they are describing is used for - try to dominate other speakers in your group but also giving them a chance to speak (shows good leadership)
For the maths, I hear its about how you solve the questions
Interview, they go through your report in-front of you - really awkward e.e~ They would ask like why you chose to apply for this school, Science related stuff etc...
I'm not really certain if this is true, but all I can confirm is that these 3 components are included during the interview
2020 - Vietnamese SL (33) / R&S (37)
2021 - English / Chemistry / Methods / Spesh / Biology

quinn_03

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 09:47:48 pm »
I'm doing the interviews for year 10 as well this year, though, from my friend's experiences they told me that you there are several components.
It includes:
 - Group Task
 - Maths
 - Interview (1 on 1)

For the group task I believe you as a group would have to discuss and predict what the object they are describing is used for - try to dominate other speakers in your group but also giving them a chance to speak (shows good leadership)
For the maths, I hear its about how you solve the questions
Interview, they go through your report in-front of you - really awkward e.e~ They would ask like why you chose to apply for this school, Science related stuff etc...
I'm not really certain if this is true, but all I can confirm is that these 3 components are included during the interview

I am a Year 10 student at JM this year.
1. I wouldn't use the word 'dominate' - try to show that you have leadership skills while at the same time being diplomatic and working in a team. Don't try to 'overpower' others in your group.
2. Not really maths per se, it's a 'problem solving task'. Bit difficult to explain but you'll understand when you get there.
2020 VCE
English [raw 50 + 60/60 exam score]
Literature [48]

Offering 2021 English and Literature tutoring + resources!

Mr. Universe

• Forum Regular
  • 2019 JMSS
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 05:26:10 pm »
guys i meant for melbourne high

Ahahahah XD

mi-xao-14

• Forum Obsessive
  • GO BEYOND!!!! PLUS ULTRA!!!!
  • Respect: +32