Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 12:23:30 pm

Author Topic: Post HSC effects  (Read 18078 times)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Post HSC effects
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 08:20:58 pm »
+1
hey guys im still getting fked by my vce exams but i just wanted to say

i love u jamon xo

Ily bae xo

Good luck with your exams!! ;D

Swagadaktal

• SwagLordOfAN
  • Forum Leader
  • djkhaled305 is the key to success
  • Respect: +102
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2016, 09:07:30 pm »
Ily bae xo

Good luck with your exams!! ;D
thanks boo xox <3
Fuck you english your eyebrows aren't even good
Why walk when you can stand on the shoulders of giants?

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2016, 10:27:50 pm »
+4
Yeah, I remember feeling nauseous, weak, shaky, disillusioned and just utterly empty after I finished my last exam.  Something that I'd been 'working towards' for basically all my life, and had been my main life goal for the entire year, was suddenly...

... gone.  Finished.

Since I didn't know what to do with myself, like most of the nerds on here, I jumped on ATARNotes to keep going with VCE and have been stuck here since... you could always try that ;)

It's going to be disorienting and maybe empty for a while, sure, while you figure out what to put in place afterwards, but you'll get there.  It's normal for anyone that dedicated themselves fully to their ATAR.  I just recommend trying to pick up something that fills up the gaps, e.g. a volunteer position, as soon as possible!  It's nice to relax and do nothing for a while, but I find it hard to take for more than a week :P

Anyway, YOU DID IT GUYS!  Just well done :D
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2016, 12:47:16 pm »

Since I didn't know what to do with myself, like most of the nerds on here, I jumped on ATARNotes to keep going with VCE and have been stuck here since... you could always try that ;)

The best outcome possible! :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

karenc.

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2016, 02:47:52 pm »
+1
hey guys :)

Congrats for everyone finishing their HSC exams :)

I'm really looking forward to these holidays especially since i get to go overseas and I have a few medicine interviews as well.

Thanks AN community and mods for being soo helpful!

Kind regards,
Karen

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2016, 03:17:49 pm »
+1
hey guys :)

Congrats for everyone finishing their HSC exams :)

I'm really looking forward to these holidays especially since i get to go overseas and I have a few medicine interviews as well.

Thanks AN community and mods for being soo helpful!

Kind regards,
Karen

Yay Karen! Well done, where are you heading on your travels?

Be sure to let us know how your interviews go, and what you get up to next year :)

So glad we could be helpful! Enjoy the break, you've earned it! ;D

Blissfulmelodii

• Trendsetter
  • "Mistakes are proof that you are trying!"
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2016, 08:41:49 am »
+1
Congrats for finishing Bliss!!  I know from chatting to you around the forums that you have worked extremely hard, and helped a lot of people on the site in the process, you should be extremely proud of what you've accomplished.

I was THAT student too; don't worry you will adjust quick! Read books, catch up with friends, start a personal project (a few of my friends started websites/small businesses and stuff in the HSC break, I think one might have even written a novella or something?). You'll find ways to fill the time ;D

(I went on schoolies and it was awesome fun. It doesn't have to be as crazy as the popular perception if you don't want it to be and find the right crew) ;D

Thanks Jamon! I thought I had replied to this already but apparently I hadn't... Sorry! but I did read it earlier and I definitely felt all kinds of emotions reading it so once again thank you  :) and thank you for always being a great help!

My next project is formal (I certainly never thought it would require this much planning) and then after that I will definitely have to conjure something up!

For the sake of saving time I also want to thank everyone who has been posting comments on here, I have read every single one and it's so great to see the community spirit alive!! I can't wait to be able to help the next cohort in the same way that I've been helped on here and strangely enough it will be with HSC experience  ;) 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 09:40:44 am by jamonwindeyer »
--HSC subjects--
Music 1 | Biology | Society and Culture | Spanish Beginners | Math ext 1 & 2 | English Advanced | English ext 1 & 2

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2016, 05:44:39 pm »
+1

For the sake of saving time I also want to thank everyone who has been posting comments on here, I have read every single one and it's so great to see the community spirit alive!! I can't wait to be able to help the next cohort in the same way that I've been helped on here and strangely enough it will be with HSC experience  ;)

Seriously great to hear! Woohoo!

And formal is so exhausting - I took my sister Year 10 formal shoe shopping and we have been there since 9am, just returned five minutes ago. One pair of shoes. 8 hours. Tired sister.
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

ssarahj

• ATAR Notes NSW MVP - 2016
  • Forum Obsessive
  • seek the full depth and height of life.
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2016, 05:54:17 pm »
+1

And formal is so exhausting - I took my sister Year 10 formal shoe shopping and we have been there since 9am, just returned five minutes ago. One pair of shoes. 8 hours. Tired sister.

You have wayyyyyyyy more patience that I do! I went on a rampage one day and bought a dress, shoes, earrings and clutch in 3 hours (mostly just cause I wanted to go have lunch)
HSC 2016: SOR 2, Adv. English, Ext. 1 English, Chemistry, 2U Maths, Hospitality
6th in NSW for SOR 2

ATAR: 97.00

2017: B Nutrition & Dietetics @ University of Newcastle

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2016, 06:04:54 pm »
+1

You have wayyyyyyyy more patience that I do! I went on a rampage one day and bought a dress, shoes, earrings and clutch in 3 hours (mostly just cause I wanted to go have lunch)
...can someone please analyse the extent of which these two are polar opposites

kawther

• Trailblazer
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2016, 06:27:48 pm »
+1
I totally understand how you guys feel, i finished last week and i don't know, i just feel... a little hazy

HSC was always on my mind, wether i was at a wedding, with friends or just hanging out. Now that its officially over, i just feel overwhelmed with all this extra time on my hands where i can do absolutely nothing and not feel bad haha

Im planning on convincing my parents to take me overseas, read the 1001 unread books on my shelf and catch up on all my TV shows  :P

Also, i wanted to say thank you to everyone on ATARNotes for being super supportive and helpful <3

Enjoy your holidays everyone!

Blissfulmelodii

• Trendsetter
  • "Mistakes are proof that you are trying!"
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2016, 08:39:12 pm »

haha wooaahhh! How did you even survive that? I would have given up after like 2 hours and decided to go home. Though that being said I actually did spend 3 consecutive weekends looking for my dress.... and still haven't found heels  :-\
--HSC subjects--
Music 1 | Biology | Society and Culture | Spanish Beginners | Math ext 1 & 2 | English Advanced | English ext 1 & 2

melprocrastinator

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2016, 10:27:54 pm »
I finished with legal... that subject and i have a love-hate relationship. I LOVE it during class, but before exams when there are 3924 dates to remember, the love starts fading. But i wanted to thank Jamon for all his help with legal, and im not sure if you remember marking my surrogacy and birth tech essay... but im sure i dont have to explain why im so grateful and lucky that you did!

I literally feel like i have no purpose or direction anymore, but i like being able to watch TV without feeling guilty, and i wont miss waking up at 6am.

Im excited to party with friends, going overseas, and who knows if i get really bored ill excercise...??? Im pretty sure i should plant a tree or two, considering the amount of paper i used up this year...

But thanks to anyone who answered or marked my stuff this year :)

Sanaz

• Trailblazer
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2016, 11:06:35 pm »
I have the weirdest feeling... I feel depressed tbh... hopefully I get out of this rut haha

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2016, 11:07:40 pm »
I finished with legal... that subject and i have a love-hate relationship. I LOVE it during class, but before exams when there are 3924 dates to remember, the love starts fading. But i wanted to thank Jamon for all his help with legal, and im not sure if you remember marking my surrogacy and birth tech essay... but im sure i dont have to explain why im so grateful and lucky that you did!

I literally feel like i have no purpose or direction anymore, but i like being able to watch TV without feeling guilty, and i wont miss waking up at 6am.

Im excited to party with friends, going overseas, and who knows if i get really bored ill excercise...??? Im pretty sure i should plant a tree or two, considering the amount of paper i used up this year...

But thanks to anyone who answered or marked my stuff this year :)

I do indeed remember marking it; I'm so happy it made an appearance for you! ;D bet you absolutely smashed it, congratulations on getting to the end! ;D ohh, planting a tree is actually a really cool idea, that should be a thing!

We hope you'll hang around a bit, let us know how you went and what you are up to. Congratulations once again! ;D