Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 04:54:50 pm

Author Topic: SAC's  (Read 3308 times)  Share 

daniel99

SAC's
« on: April 09, 2008, 04:23:56 pm »
Hey,
Just wondering what your sac marks were and if it was what you expected/ needed for the study score that you want?

I got a High, around high A low A+ and was wondering if you thougt I was on track for 44??? As the exams make up 66% of the SS I was also wondering how relevant sacs marks were in affecting your overall SS? (only worth 34%)..

Nick

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
Re: SAC's
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 04:37:34 pm »
As you've stated, exams have a very signifcant weighting on your psych study score.

To achieve a 40+ study score you would probably need to average a very high A / A+ on SACs and both your exams.

If you continue to achieve a high A average, there is a good chance you will achieve a 40+ study score.
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) @ The University of Melbourne

misskaraleah

• Journalist Extraordinnaire
  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I believe impossible is possible to overcome
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 09:51:16 pm »
Lets hope so, i recieved the same result as Daniel on my first SAC.

sisqo1111

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 09:56:46 pm »
My first SAC was today and i though it was ok. My teacher had marked the multiple choice questions by the end of the day and i got 18/21. I was so upset, because i made such silly mistakes. Hopefully i get full marks for the short answer. Does it matter that i have already lost 3 marks? I'm hoping for a 40+ in psych.

memka

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 10:09:26 pm »
I'd say it doesn't matter that much for individual sacs....I got 38/40, 22/30 and 30/30 for my Unit 3 sacs.
For Unit 4 I can't remember exactly what I got for each individual sac but it totalled 95/100 marks.

Your overall class ranking is more important. Try not to worry, nearly everyone makes silly mistakes and one not so great sac mark isn't the be all end all.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 10:15:20 pm by memka »
2007: Psychology
2008: English, Methods, Biology, French, Music Solo        ENTER: 92.65
2009: Bachelor of Arts @ ANU

sisqo1111

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 10:10:44 pm »
thanks for that.
ive been beating myself up for it all day. i just studied so hard for it.

Nick

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 10:20:10 pm »
Can I please just emphasise the importance of not dwelling too much on SACs? It is more than fine to lose a couple of marks on each of your SACs- it's never going to kill your chances of achieving a 40+ study score. As long as your ranking within your class is decent, there is no reason why you can't achieve your desired score. It's the exams that are the most important in terms of your study score- and even then, you can afford to lose quite a number of marks and still achieve a 40+ study score. If you receive a SAC back and the result isn't as desirable as you would of liked, don't panic. Just stay focused and persevere in the hope that you will improve on your next SAC. But most of all, don't get too caught up in the numbers- work hard, be consistent and you will reap the benefits.

sisqo1111

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 11:14:06 pm »
thanks for that. awesome advice.
yeah im pretty sure for short answer i will get full marks or maybe just lose one. so it wuld be a total of 36/40 for my first sac. the next sac is an era and i have no idea on how to write them properly lol. the heinemann text is so bad. i wish our school used the grivas text

Nick

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 09:09:32 am »
thanks for that. awesome advice.
yeah im pretty sure for short answer i will get full marks or maybe just lose one. so it wuld be a total of 36/40 for my first sac. the next sac is an era and i have no idea on how to write them properly lol. the heinemann text is so bad. i wish our school used the grivas text

As your ERA approaches, I would assume that your teacher is going to provide you with a fair amount of guidance as to what should be included in the ERA and how it should be structured. If some people in your class have never written an ERA, it can't be just assumed that you all know how to write one. Has your teacher actually introduced the ERA SAC to you yet? If not, I wouldn't worry about it just yet.

sisqo1111

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 03:06:48 pm »
lol not yet, but i like to be ahead.
ive got a great teacher shes awesome. knows her stuff very well and makes learning entertaining hah.

sisqo1111

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 05:09:48 pm »
for my first sac i received 37.5/41. Is this a good result? Ranked number 3 in class. FIrst got 39.5/41 and second got 38/41. It really got me that i was third by only half as mark  >:(
im hoping i can get at least a 40 in psych

thelovecatsx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 05:24:09 pm »
I did very average in my first psych SAC. 34.5/40. :(
I'm hoping I haven't stuffed up my chances of getting a 40+ study score.
2008: english, psychology, media, history revs, methods.

daniel99

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 09:04:17 am »
I'd say it doesn't matter that much for individual sacs....I got 38/40, 22/30 and 30/30 for my Unit 3 sacs.
For Unit 4 I can't remember exactly what I got for each individual sac but it totalled 95/100 marks.

Your overall class ranking is more important. Try not to worry, nearly everyone makes silly mistakes and one not so great sac mark isn't the be all end all.

What did you get on the exams???

TrueLight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 02:30:35 pm »
for my first sac i received 37.5/41. Is this a good result? Ranked number 3 in class. FIrst got 39.5/41 and second got 38/41. It really got me that i was third by only half as mark  >:(
im hoping i can get at least a 40 in psych

i got those kind of marks for my sacs and i got a study score of 38, so yeah it depends on the exams i reckon which i got A's on so yeah goodluck in getting 40.
http://www.campaignforliberty.com

Completed Bachelor of Science. Majored in Immunology and Microbiology.

“Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past.”
George Orwell, 1984.

"Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
Adolf Hitler

“The bigger the lie, the more inclined people will be to believe it”
Adolf Hitler

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just

memka

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 07:13:13 pm »

What did you get on the exams???

I got A+ for both exams.
2007: Psychology
2008: English, Methods, Biology, French, Music Solo        ENTER: 92.65
2009: Bachelor of Arts @ ANU