Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:40:48 am

Author Topic: Econs or modern history?  (Read 2874 times)  Share 

Ethan1k17

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Econs or modern history?
« on: January 28, 2022, 12:07:11 am »
I've just started year 11 and I initially chose Economics, but looking at the past year papers and the classes so far I'm not exactly not interested, but I feel I could do better in Modern History with less stress. Last year I got good grades for history and average ones for commerce, so I don't really know what to go with. I feel that econs will be more beneficial in the future and I might want to pursue it for uni, but history rn I feel just works for me. I get that the hsc will be much more complex than y10 history though.

The other subjects I'm taking are

English Advanced, English Extension, Maths advanced and extension, Business(will prolly drop after y11), legal and bio.

aplantaday

• Fresh Poster
  • hi hi and hi.
  • Respect: +1
Re: Econs or modern history?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2022, 02:01:20 pm »
If you don't enjoy economics, you should just do history. Even if you end up finding history hard you can just switch to economics in yr 12 without any stress. I'm in Victoria so it might be different, but I think that it is important to note that you don't really need to do a commerce subject to study commerce in university. Personally I find history harder than economics so props to you.  ;D

Imo I really think that you should just do whatever you like right now instead of stressing so much over it. Hope you can make the decision right for you  :)
Have a nice day! :)

Ethan1k17

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 04:26:45 pm »
Thanks, I think I will switch to history

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 05:00:56 pm »
If you don't enjoy economics, you should just do history. Even if you end up finding history hard you can just switch to economics in yr 12 without any stress. I'm in Victoria so it might be different, but I think that it is important to note that you don't really need to do a commerce subject to study commerce in university. Personally I find history harder than economics so props to you.  ;D

Imo I really think that you should just do whatever you like right now instead of stressing so much over it. Hope you can make the decision right for you  :)

Just to clarify, I don't think you can switch subjects like that in NSW in year 12. You are able to drop a subject (& study min 10 units) or drop down from advanced to general (Maths/English) though.

Might be a good idea to chat to both teachers and get to know a little more about the courses content? It does sound like you are more interested in doing history though.
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

Ethan1k17

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 01:37:10 am »
Yea no I know that you can't switch in y12. If I find it too hard I can also drop it ig but I'll prolly drop business unless I do great in it. Thanks