Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:05:52 pm

Author Topic: Year 11 SCHS test  (Read 2106 times)  Share 

Rose34

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
Year 11 SCHS test
« on: March 01, 2020, 01:20:36 pm »
Has anyone done the year 11 selective entry test for Suzanne Cory High School last year?
How did you guys find the test? Any specific topics that you would recommend studying for math?

HeatDR

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Year 11 SCHS test
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 01:18:26 pm »
Has anyone done the year 11 selective entry test for Suzanne Cory High School last year?
How did you guys find the test? Any specific topics that you would recommend studying for math?
Hello i am also doing the year 11 entry for schs this year, pm me your insta or sc so we can talk bout it

AMC for life

• Trendsetter
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 12:10:32 pm »
Hi, have any of you guys done the year 10 MHS or SCHS exam? I am applying for it and i am very lost on how i should study, where i should study from and what to study. It would be very helpful if you guys could let me know the details of the exam.
Thank You :)

Rose34

• Trendsetter
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 01:25:17 am »
Hi, have any of you guys done the year 10 MHS or SCHS exam? I am applying for it and i am very lost on how i should study, where i should study from and what to study. It would be very helpful if you guys could let me know the details of the exam.
Thank You :)

Yeah I did do the year 10 test, here are some tips:
1) I am not sure if you have heard of this before but I will say it anyways, practice every problem you solve for math and even reading comp on time, for math practice to do like 1 question in 30 seconds or less. unfortunately I did not make it because of time management even though I knew the answers I could not finish all the questions.

2) TBH, I did not like reading books but if you like it then you may want to read especially Harry Potter books because they have lots of descriptions. What I used to do is to have a look at the news from The Age,etc.

3) I really recommend going on vocabulary.com because you can learn lots of new words.

4) Practice doing worded problems a lot.

5) Always be with the people who are positive. Also, when getting someone to compete with but also help each other out it definitely helps

6) You have to BELIEVE you can MAKE it. if you do not trust that you are able to make it then..
I had this friend who kept saying that they can make it and sometimes I found it cocky of them but guess what they made it. So I think this is the most helpful tip I can ever give.

I hope that helps!! Just keep on practicing because practice makes perfect.

Rose34

• Trendsetter
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 01:37:56 am »
Hello i am also doing the year 11 entry for schs this year, pm me your insta or sc so we can talk bout it

can we create a poll instead?, because i do not have sc nor insta

HeatDR

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2020, 07:07:16 am »
can we create a poll instead?, because i do not have sc nor insta
A poll?

AMC for life

• Trendsetter
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2020, 04:20:28 pm »

Yeah I did do the year 10 test, here are some tips:
1) I am not sure if you have heard of this before but I will say it anyways, practice every problem you solve for math and even reading comp on time, for math practice to do like 1 question in 30 seconds or less. unfortunately I did not make it because of time management even though I knew the answers I could not finish all the questions.

2) TBH, I did not like reading books but if you like it then you may want to read especially Harry Potter books because they have lots of descriptions. What I used to do is to have a look at the news from The Age,etc.

3) I really recommend going on vocabulary.com because you can learn lots of new words.

4) Practice doing worded problems a lot.

5) Always be with the people who are positive. Also, when getting someone to compete with but also help each other out it definitely helps

6) You have to BELIEVE you can MAKE it. if you do not trust that you are able to make it then..
I had this friend who kept saying that they can make it and sometimes I found it cocky of them but guess what they made it. So I think this is the most helpful tip I can ever give.

I hope that helps!! Just keep on practicing because practice makes perfect.
Thank you so much 😊.
Was there anywhere you studied from? Textbooks, tutor etc?

Crystal_Kim

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2020, 01:51:51 pm »
Hello, I will be doing the year 11 test, I need help getting started. What websites or apps do you recommend for studying information? What resource should I use?