Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:48:15 pm

Author Topic: Chemistry/Biology Books  (Read 4308 times)  Share 

dhruvpatel

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Chemistry/Biology Books
« on: June 02, 2020, 03:04:49 pm »
Sorry if I posted in the wrong spot new to the forum. I'm in year 11 and I'm doing chem and bio. For chem and bio I am using the biology in-focus textbook (school provided). I'm just a bit confused about how Atar Notes books for chem and bio are different from the standard textbooks. Also I'm wondering if my school will be testing from the textbooks given or if they base it of the modules in general. Also, are the year 11 modules tested in year 12 HSC?

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Chemistry/Biology Books
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 03:08:04 pm »
+2
Sorry if I posted in the wrong spot new to the forum. I'm in year 11 and I'm doing chem and bio. For chem and bio I am using the biology in-focus textbook (school provided). I'm just a bit confused about how Atar Notes books for chem and bio are different from the standard textbooks. Also I'm wondering if my school will be testing from the textbooks given or if they base it of the modules in general. Also, are the year 11 modules tested in year 12 HSC?

Commercial resources such as ATAR Notes and connect education are more condensed summaries of the course. They definitely don't give you everything you need to know for the subject but are good for revision.

The textbook on the other hand has a lot of irrelevant content so can be hard to sift through and find what is needed. That is why it is useful to use a combination of resources rather than just one.

What schools test will differ between each school but they generally don't test directly from the textbook but more from what has been presented in class.