Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 06:30:37 am

Author Topic: English Standard Creative (Intro/opening)  (Read 359 times)

jtouma2

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
English Standard Creative (Intro/opening)
« on: July 08, 2019, 10:38:11 am »
“Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing” - George Orwell

Monday

For if today were a colour it would be green and taste like coffee. Its face would resemble the “green-eyed monster which doth mock.” The one, the old Greek men with long faces, yearned about for centuries.

There's something sinister in the way it moves, the slither and agility of a snake and rigid movement found in the bridge of the shoulders of a tiger as it struts towards its prey.

Though dangerous, alluring.

Like coffee, there's something addictive in the way in which it floods the pallet of my mouth, leaving its stain on my teeth. The bitter smell resides in the thick smoke of a winter's evening.
I flick the collar of my fleece jacket and adjust the beanie to cover my pink and frozen ears. I feel like a baby wrapped in its blanket with no control over my shoulder as my thick layers of clothing cradles me. My air pods suspended from my ears, contemplating the floor, as I talk to Lamia.

She, like the tiger, inspects her prey, her voice illuminates envy green through the phone. She speaks of every flaw and fault and wrong doing of Alara and I participate in her game of Chinese whispers.

Yet we have never met her.
We find broken truths of her and mend them to fit what we want to feel.
We search and follow her page whereby she posts all the reasons for us to judge.
She doesn’t know who we are and most importantly, we don’t know her.

Do think an antelope knows a tiger is watching?

We don’t need a big brother or Christof to display the sinister nature of higher powers as they control and manipulate truth and knowledge, for now normal, everyday citizens, the proletariat’s, prey on each other.

I stand in the centre of Parramatta square, and between the phantoms of the cold, green illuminates from everyone's phones. Their faces resemble the green-eyed monster that doth mock.

They inhale something addictive, something alluring: envy, revenge, gossip
Its stained in their teeth. We all wear the same mask of a human face, fooling each other.

But we are all benevolent monsters.