Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 04:36:41 am

Author Topic: Can't download notes  (Read 4347 times)  Share 

pmmenotes

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +5
Can't download notes
« on: May 08, 2017, 08:04:32 pm »
Any time i try and download any notes it logs me out, tells me to log in again and when i do takes me back to the home page and repeats been doing this for months now so i can't access any notes to look at for comparsion.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Can't download notes
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 08:52:29 pm »
+1
Hey! I've let our developer know about the issue, hopefully we can get it fixed for you soon! ;D you've only been around a while, has it been doing it since the day you registered? Were you ever able to successfully access? :)

pmmenotes

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 05:16:16 pm »
Hey! I've let our developer know about the issue, hopefully we can get it fixed for you soon! ;D you've only been around a while, has it been doing it since the day you registered? Were you ever able to successfully access? :)
Thanks so much! and yeah its been happening since I had this account. I use to have another atarnotes account before this one and it worked perfectly.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 06:27:14 pm »
Thanks so much! and yeah its been happening since I had this account. I use to have another atarnotes account before this one and it worked perfectly.

Interesting! Alright, well our developer knows, so hopefully he can find something to help fix the issue (you should definitely use the old account to access notes if you are desperate in the meantime) :)

f_tan

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 06:37:40 pm »
Hi! I'm having the same issue with downloading notes which has never happened before on this account. Just wondering if anyone knows a way around this or if it's still being fixed? Thanks!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 06:50:44 pm »
+1
Hi! I'm having the same issue with downloading notes which has never happened before on this account. Just wondering if anyone knows a way around this or if it's still being fixed? Thanks!

Hey! Thanks for the heads up - We're still investigating the issue. It was fixed for the vast majority of affected users when we implemented the big behind the scenes upgrade about 2 months ago, we're still trying to figure out exactly why a small subset are still cropping up.

Until it's fixed, easiest workaround (annoying though it may be) would be to make a new account, just call it "ftannotes" or something, and the new one will definitely work ;D

chelseam

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 09:33:02 pm »
Hi! Sorry to bother you all but I'm having this issue as well, but I think that this has only started happening recently. I've made a new account as suggested ^^ but the same thing happens with that account. Thank you  :D
HSC 2017: Chemistry / English Advanced / English Extension 1 / Legal Studies (5th in NSW) / Math Extension 1 / Math Extension 2

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 09:41:42 pm »
+1
Hi! Sorry to bother you all but I'm having this issue as well, but I think that this has only started happening recently. I've made a new account as suggested ^^ but the same thing happens with that account. Thank you  :D

Really? Okay, that is very new - You might be the saviour our developer wants because we've never found someone it happened to twice on two separate accounts. It might help him track the issue. Hang tight, fingers crossed we'll have it fixed soon! :)

Edit: Could you let me know the username of your duplicate account Chelsea? :)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 09:46:10 pm by jamonwindeyer »

chelseam

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 10:30:56 pm »
Edit: Could you let me know the username of your duplicate account Chelsea? :)
The older one is chelseaah (sometimes it'll download but I just checked now and it won't) and the other account is reclamation. Thank you! :)
HSC 2017: Chemistry / English Advanced / English Extension 1 / Legal Studies (5th in NSW) / Math Extension 1 / Math Extension 2

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 10:35:40 pm »
+1
The older one is chelseaah (sometimes it'll download but I just checked now and it won't) and the other account is reclamation. Thank you! :)

Thanks so much for that! ;D having three accounts all not downloading is sure to be helpful for the computer magic man to figure out what's up - I'll keep you informed ;D

Slydev

• Administrator
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +52
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 09:42:40 am »
+7
Okay guys I have had a serious look into this issue and I have come up with 4 different things that can be causing it. I can't work out which one it is without some information from you guys so I have made a page that will give me that information.

What I would like everyone having this issue to do:
Go to this page: https://atarnotes.com/cookies-test/
Take a screenshot OR copy the text on the page and PM it to me

DO NOT SHARE THE DETAILS ON THAT PAGE PUBLICLY WITH ANYONE ELSE
DO NOT POST THEM HERE
SEND ME A PM IN THE FORUM WITH THE INFO

Once I can see what is going on I will work with everyone to fix the issue (or issues as it could be different per user) and ideally get it all fixed so that no-one else has this problem.

Thanks so much for your co-operation everyone! :)
Joey - Atar Developer Slydev

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2017, 11:29:33 pm »
Just a bump for anyone experiencing issues downloading Notes, namely being logged out and returned to the Forum homepage when they try, to follow the instructions in the post above.

Do not post any details obtained from visiting the link above in any public place. Do not share them with anyone except via Personal Message to Slydev only ;D

Slydev

• Administrator
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +52
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2017, 08:23:30 pm »
+2
Okay this should all be fixed now. Thank you everyone for helping me work it out. If anyone has any more issues like this please PM me and I will take a look into it. Otherwise I have taken down the debug page as I don't want anyone exploiting it.

Again thank you everyone for helping me with this, made it much much easier :)
Joey - Atar Developer Slydev