Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 06:41:08 pm

Author Topic: Searching new post  (Read 1388 times)  Share 

bananna

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Searching new post
« on: March 09, 2017, 10:51:28 pm »
hi-sorry, just a general question...
is there a way to find out / get a notification if someone replies to my post on a forum? (i don't mind scrolling through, its just a little tedious).

thank you!! 

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Searching new post
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 11:04:15 pm »
is there a way to find out / get a notification if someone replies to my post on a forum? (i don't mind scrolling through, its just a little tedious).

thank you!!

Hey! You mean if someone uses your post in a quote specifically yeah? Unfortunately not - It's at the top of the wishlist for me personally, I think it would be seriously handy, but I think it interferes with the SMF code that is making the forums run :(

In general though, you can turn on a notification to tell you when someone posts in a specific topic (click 'Notify' at the top of the page)! Or use the 'Unread Post' list ;D

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 11:13:41 pm »

thank you!!
What I always suggest.

1. Go into your profile
2. Check your own recent posts.
3. Find your post and start scrolling down from there. Use Ctrl+F to search up your username if necessary.

The reason: Usually, your reply isn't that far away from your post. People will quote your post to show that they are answering your question, so with a quick Ctrl+F (possibly going into the next page if necessary) you can easily find your reply.

bananna

• Trendsetter
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 12:15:23 am »
Hey! You mean if someone uses your post in a quote specifically yeah? Unfortunately not - It's at the top of the wishlist for me personally, I think it would be seriously handy, but I think it interferes with the SMF code that is making the forums run :(

In general though, you can turn on a notification to tell you when someone posts in a specific topic (click 'Notify' at the top of the page)! Or use the 'Unread Post' list ;D

thank you! will try :)

bananna

• Trendsetter
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 12:15:54 am »
What I always suggest.

1. Go into your profile
2. Check your own recent posts.
3. Find your post and start scrolling down from there. Use Ctrl+F to search up your username if necessary.

The reason: Usually, your reply isn't that far away from your post. People will quote your post to show that they are answering your question, so with a quick Ctrl+F (possibly going into the next page if necessary) you can easily find your reply.

thanks! will do :)