Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 11:03:38 am

Author Topic: Japanese 1&2 in yr 10  (Read 1400 times)  Share 

caqiu

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
Japanese 1&2 in yr 10
« on: October 25, 2017, 10:33:25 am »
Hi all,
My Japanese teacher says I can do Japanese 1&2 in yr 10 however I'm not quite sure if I should and I'm also moving schools next year. I ask the school I'm moving to next year and they said they wouldn't recommended it but it's up to me. What should I do?
Thanks,
Caqiu

zofromuxo

• Forum Leader
  • Everything you want is on the other side of Fear
  • Respect: +203
Re: Japanese 1&2 in yr 10
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 11:07:26 am »
Hi all,
My Japanese teacher says I can do Japanese 1&2 in yr 10 however I'm not quite sure if I should and I'm also moving schools next year. I ask the school I'm moving to next year and they said they wouldn't recommended it but it's up to me. What should I do?
Thanks,
Caqiu
I didn't do a LOTE for my 1/2 so there maybe some slight differences. I think K888 did the a French as here LOTE like your thinking about, so she can give better advice then I can.

But I guess it all comes to how you feel.
-Can you cope with the increased work load of doing a Japanese 1/2 and Biology next year?
-Do you feel confident in doing Japanese 1/2?
-What is the reputation of doing Japanese 1/2 at this school?
-Why do you want to do Japanese 1/2?

These are some of the question I would ask yourself before making a decision.
I would go for it if you feel confident in handling the extra pressure, workload and stress of doing it. But that you can hopefully achieve the goal you set out for doing Japanese 1/2.
The worst that could happen is you drop it next year. So nothing to harmful can come out of it.
Jack of all trades, master of none.
Hence why i'm in all these different threads and boards.

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Japanese 1&2 in yr 10
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 12:46:57 pm »
Hi all,
Thanks,
Caqiu

Hey Caqiu.

I did Japanese 1/2 in Year 11, so I'm not so sure about that, but if you are confident in your skills and ability to work hard, then there shouldn't be any issue in it. I also would recommend that you answer the questions above by Zofromuxo to give us some guidance and confirm your hunches. :)
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread