Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:51:16 pm

Author Topic: Business Management Questions  (Read 3920 times)  Share 

Sherlock.Holmes

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Business Management Questions
« on: November 14, 2020, 02:31:27 pm »
Hey guys,

How harsh and specific are examiners when marking the exams?
From the examination reports, it it seen that very very little percentage of students get full marks for most questions.

Also does including examples and contemporary case studies in your answer essentially give you more marks?

What is the best way to tackle the 10 marker? Should you do it first?

Finally, what our some crucial tips for a 40+ study score?

cmati

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +12
Re: Business Management Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 09:09:37 pm »
+1
Helloooo, sorry for the late response  :(

I'm doing Business Management this year too! How did you find the exam?

My teacher told me that the examiners are given a set of criteria that each answer must meet, so I guess as long as you know what each task word was asking you to do and you were able to answer accordingly you should receive full marks :)

Most students probably missed out on parts of the question, like for a "discuss" question,  you usually have to define the concept then give two benefits, two considerations, put in an example or two and then make sure it all links up. Some students might've missed defining the concept or not put in an example, which is super common, thus the lack of full marks.

Examples and contemporary case studies usually only contribute to marks where they are necessary, some questions you won't need to put an example in but for most you should.

I'm not too sure my answers to the last two questions would really be relevant now, oops.
Anyway, I hope this helped!!

rchrdh

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Business Management Questions
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 11:06:17 pm »
I did it this year so study score not out yet, but our teacher gave us pointers constantly throughout the year due to him being an examiner himself.

How harsh and specific are examiners when marking the exams? They're looking for key points and features for most of them. Some are globally marked. For example, the definition of sole trader needs to have "owned and operated" or something that conveys the exact same meaning. "The examiners are trying to be on your side" is something that he would always say, but idk if it's true.

Also does including examples and contemporary case studies in your answer essentially give you more marks? From my experience with SACs and practice exams, not exactly, but having case studies would allow the examiner a better grasp of what you're trying to convey in your answer. But if a question is a part of a case study (even if it's not part B), you should always refer to it however you can.

What is the best way to tackle the 10 marker? Should you do it first? My teacher recommended doing part B of the exam first, then part A in however order you prefer. The best way to prepare for the 10 marker is to do a lot of practice ones, and get feedback from them. Also, do some separate from your prac exams, but others in combination as that gives you a good grasp of time constraints.

Finally, what our some crucial tips for a 40+ study score?  Not sure myself because I have to wait until 30/12/20.  :P
masen tekken