Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:24:51 pm

Author Topic: PrePly for Indo SL??  (Read 3724 times)  Share 

bacteriophage

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +4
PrePly for Indo SL??
« on: July 31, 2019, 10:20:51 pm »
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience using the PrePly service to practicing Indo speaking with tutors / native speakers?
This app was recommended to me by a friend studying Mandarin. It is a paid service and from what I understand, you can choose a partner to 'hire' for an hour and you essentially practice your speaking with them in exchange for the hourly rate they charge.
The thought of speaking Indo for a whole hour with a stranger is scary in all honesty, and I'm not sure if the partners are actual teachers / tutors that help with your language skills or just like a friend to chat with...
Anyone got any experience on the app? Keen to hear about it if so! :)
2018 : Biology [44]
2019 : English Language; Chemistry; Maths Methods; Indonesian SL

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
Re: PrePly for Indo SL??
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 10:25:03 am »
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience using the PrePly service to practicing Indo speaking with tutors / native speakers?
This app was recommended to me by a friend studying Mandarin. It is a paid service and from what I understand, you can choose a partner to 'hire' for an hour and you essentially practice your speaking with them in exchange for the hourly rate they charge.
The thought of speaking Indo for a whole hour with a stranger is scary in all honesty, and I'm not sure if the partners are actual teachers / tutors that help with your language skills or just like a friend to chat with...
Anyone got any experience on the app? Keen to hear about it if so! :)

I don't have experience with PrePly but Tandem (Tandem has a paid option if you want a tutor) and Bilingua are good and free despite having the type of people looking to flirt that are unfortunately on these apps they can be really helpful :)
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP