Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:54:40 pm

Author Topic: Features of High scoring (8-9-10/10) Text Responses?  (Read 1196 times)  Share 

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
Features of High scoring (8-9-10/10) Text Responses?
« on: May 07, 2021, 11:01:06 pm »
Hi,

Just wondering what the features of a high-scoring (scoring 8-9-10/10) text response essay are? What is the perfect length of an essay? Is it bad to write heaps for one body paragraph and less for others?

Also, are SAC grades indicative of how you will go on the exam if your cohort is weak and you have way more time per essay (1 hour and 40 mins for one SAC)?

Thanks

JIN1N

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Features of High scoring (8-9-10/10) Text Responses?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 12:29:36 pm »
+1
Hi Snow Leopard,
I am a current VCE English student and I can only assume that it the extended length of your SACs would negatively impact your ability to churn out an essay per hour in the exam. Giving that this is the case and the fact that your cohort is weak, just try to aim for rank 1 in your SACs and you will be fine. I'd suggest you aim to practice your essays under 1hr time restrictions regardless of how your SACs are laid out because doing so would only enhance your performance at the end of the year. My school for instance, gives 1 hr time limits for all SACs (plus additional reading time if needed) and i came from a year 11 English SAC structure in which allocated more writing time to SACs (75-80 minutes). Therefore, i struggled to finish essays in 60 minutes, however after practice, I managed it overtime.

Don't know if i am the most qualified person to answer your question but that is my personal point of view.