Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:49:35 pm

Author Topic: I want to do a language but my school doesn't offer it. What do I do?  (Read 6462 times)  Share 

nolongerhuman

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Hello. I want to do Japanese as a Second Language for VCE, but my school doesn't offer it. I've heard I need to go to a language school and learn it there but I don't understand how it works. Can someone explain it to me? Thanks.  ;D

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
Re: I want to do a language but my school doesn't offer it. What do I do?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 04:35:28 pm »
+6
Welcome to ATARnotes!

So the school you want to look at is the Victorian School Of Languages also know as VSL. You have two options to do Japanese through them, learn it via distance education (online), or through in class lessons.

This page here has some of the locations for in person lessons https://www.vsl.vic.edu.au/LQF.aspx?SM=1&LID=78
See if any of those locations are close to you.

I would highly recommend giving them a call for them to explain what they can do for you. Good luck!
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
Re: I want to do a language but my school doesn't offer it. What do I do?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 07:00:42 pm »
+2
I believe you can try distance education or VSL. What the above poster said.

nolongerhuman

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
I believe you can try distance education or VSL. What the above poster said.
Welcome to ATARnotes!

So the school you want to look at is the Victorian School Of Languages also know as VSL. You have two options to do Japanese through them, learn it via distance education (online), or through in class lessons.

This page here has some of the locations for in person lessons https://www.vsl.vic.edu.au/LQF.aspx?SM=1&LID=78
See if any of those locations are close to you.

I would highly recommend giving them a call for them to explain what they can do for you. Good luck!

Thanks guys! This helped a lot!