Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:55:47 pm

Author Topic: Casper Test  (Read 4728 times)  Share 

Gokul22

• Adventurer
Casper Test
« on: February 07, 2021, 12:19:38 pm »
Hi everyone, I am planning on doing a bachelor of education, and I just wanted to know how the Casper test works? How do they grade the Casper test, and how do I effectively prepare for it? And does it count a lot (more than atar?) to whether or not you get into the course. I was specifically looking into Monash Uni.
2020 - Methods, Media
2021 - English, Chemistry, Psychology, Further
2022 - Engineering (honours)/Commerce @ Monash Uni

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
Re: Casper Test
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 04:48:08 pm »
Hi there,

The format of the CASPer test involves (as per the official website):
Going into the test knowing what to expect will prepare you best! Be aware that there are 12 sections to be completed in 60-90 minutes. You are given an optional 10-minute break after six sections, where you can stand up to stretch or use the washroom. The CASPer test takes approximately 100 minutes, which includes the introduction, about 75 minutes of questions.

Each section is comprised of either a video-based or word-based scenario. Each scenario is followed by a set of three questions. You are asked to type out your response to each question in the designated text box. You have five minutes to respond to all three questions.

When the timer is up, you are automatically directed to the next section where you are presented with a new scenario.

Each section of the test is scored by a "rater", a group of individuals (so one rater per section). Your score will then be sent to the uni. There are no right or wrong answers - just answers reflecting your personal attributes that indicate how suitable you are for teaching. As you don't receive your CASPer results, it is unknown exactly how the test is graded.

Once you meet the academic entry requirements (i.e. ATAR / other qualification), the CASPer test is like a hurdle requirement you have to meet. It doesn't seem to have a weighting per se (e.g. doing really well on the CASPer test doesn't mean you'll get in with a lower ATAR than what is published).

You can access test preparation material (sample videos and questions) from here.

All the best! :)

2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

amyzzwq

• Trailblazer
Re: Casper Test
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 01:14:20 pm »
Hi, have you done the test?
I'm actually applying for Monash education double degree too, I finished the test in aug.
Please reach out to me if you see this! We can get to know one another beforehand :))