Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:57:01 am

Author Topic: stressed with my timetable(work, tuition, school).PLS GIVE GUIDANCE ADVICE  (Read 1043 times)  Share 

pans

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
Anyways...
Im y11 this year with 6 VCE subjects (methods 3/4) (spec,bio,chem,acc,eng 1/2). I have school mon-fri 8:30am-2:45pm. I wake up at 7:30am everyday (go to sleep at like 12, and if I have unfinished hw i wake up at 4-5). I have meth and spesh tuition saturday 9-11pm, then 1-2:30pm, and also eng tuition every wednesday 4:30-5:30. I have work thurs 5:30-9pm, fri 5:30-9pm and 4-10pm sat, 11:30-8pm (1h30min break) sun. Therefore, I am only free monday and tuesday after school

....am I gonna be too tired??? I just started school so idk how things are gonna go, but everyone is telling me to cut off some work or tuition..... I rly dont wanna though.

Nomsie

• Forum Regular
  • Carpe diem
  • Respect: +25
Re: stressed with my timetable(work, tuition, school).PLS GIVE GUIDANCE ADVICE
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 12:37:09 am »
+1
Anyways...
Im y11 this year with 6 VCE subjects (methods 3/4) (spec,bio,chem,acc,eng 1/2). I have school mon-fri 8:30am-2:45pm. I wake up at 7:30am everyday (go to sleep at like 12, and if I have unfinished hw i wake up at 4-5). I have meth and spesh tuition saturday 9-11pm, then 1-2:30pm, and also eng tuition every wednesday 4:30-5:30. I have work thurs 5:30-9pm, fri 5:30-9pm and 4-10pm sat, 11:30-8pm (1h30min break) sun. Therefore, I am only free monday and tuesday after school

....am I gonna be too tired??? I just started school so idk how things are gonna go, but everyone is telling me to cut off some work or tuition..... I rly dont wanna though.

I'm completing the HSC, not VCE so I'm not entirely sure the difference in subject/workload. But, with your timetable and extensive hours, it is much more likely you will burn out. I understand the importance of your tutoring so I suggest keeping that, but if possible, and your circumstances allow for it, drop 1 or 2 days of work and leave urself with some weekend time to relax. I personally told my work I can only do weekends which leaves me plenty of time to manage everything else. Not only that but when assessments/exams come around you may fall under a lot of stress and pressure, which isn't worth it. Ultimately it's your choice, but consider it long term and what best suits your needs (however, you must consider the likely hood of burnout and its effect academically due to your hefty schedule).
Remember, pain is temporary, but the HSC is for life
(Only Kidding!!)

HSC 2021
Eng Adv, Eng Ext 1, Eng Ext 2, Society and Culture, Modern History, Math Adv, Community and Family Studies

pans

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
Re: stressed with my timetable(work, tuition, school).PLS GIVE GUIDANCE ADVICE
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 09:29:52 pm »
update: anyways i quit work on saturday and sunday AND I FEEL SO FREE RN AHHA