Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 03:09:35 pm

Author Topic: CHEMISTRY EXAM HELP  (Read 1870 times)

ccathyliu

• Fresh Poster
CHEMISTRY EXAM HELP
« on: November 12, 2020, 10:38:57 pm »
heyaa!

does anyone have any tips for studying for the chem exam? anyone who's already completed vce or just unit3/4 chem?

also any tips in general for time management during the exam?

chem exam is in a week and a half ish and im so lost idk where to start xD

thank u!!!

Yemily

• Trailblazer
Re: CHEMISTRY EXAM HELP
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 10:58:58 am »
Hey ccathyliu,

I did 3/4 chem last year and did better than I expected, so I hope I can help you. But I gotta admit, you've probably heard everything I'm about to tell you.

Quality over quantity: don't just try to cram as many exams as possible. If this is your only 3/4, then you can obvs afford to spend more time on it, but if you are studying multiple 3/4s or you're in yr 12 this year, don't stress too much over how many exams you complete. Just focus on really analysing each exam you do and record your mistakes so you won't be as likely to make them again.

In terms of time management, how have you been going with SAC timing throughout the year? It took me until the end of U3 to actually finish my SACs on time. So hopefully you haven't struggled that much with SAC timing, but if you have been, I would suggest forcing yourself to complete the practice exams like 10mins early. You might not be able to include the amount of detail at first, but ensure you write something for every question. Then, you can move on to putting more detail into your responses. I always finished my practice exams a little bit early and had a bit a time to check over it at the end, but in the real exam, I took longer to finish, so if you can, try to always finish with a little longer than you'd like to have in the exam. (Hope that makes sense).

Above all, try not to panic and compare your revision to other people's. (Easier said than done :P) Hope that was somewhat helpful!