Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:09:11 am

Author Topic: I'm so stuck on what to drop, Design & Technology or Engineering Studies  (Read 2034 times)

Maroon and Gold Never Fold

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Hi guys,
I've been stressing out on what to drop, I just finished year 11 and I scored 80 for engineering and 85 for design and tech. I believe I can score high for design & tech although I fear the stress of the major work and also I'm not that bad at engineering, I know engineering studies scales better than design & tech so I've got no idea what to choose. Pls help, any suggestions appreciated.

Tierney_P

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
Re: I'm so stuck on what to drop, Design & Technology or Engineering Studies
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 07:26:55 pm »
+4
bear in mind i didnt do either of these but i would say design&tech, because like you said the major work is hectic. (only know from watching others!) but yeah totally up to you at the end of the day obv :D
bring on 2nd november 🤩

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
Re: I'm so stuck on what to drop, Design & Technology or Engineering Studies
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 12:04:48 pm »
+3
Hi!

100% agree with what's already been said.  :)

Just wanted to add some more factors that could help with your decision:
- Which do you enjoy more / are more passion about?
- Are either of these going to be helpful post-school, in future studies or just generally in life?
- What is the peer environment like in each of these subjects? E.g. supportive, collaborative, or distracting, overly competitive?
- Which subject caters to more to your personal learning style / how you learn best?
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD