Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 07:42:25 pm

Author Topic: Changing forum usernames  (Read 13763 times)  Share 

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Changing forum usernames
« on: December 26, 2017, 12:36:56 am »
+13
The "I want to change my forum username... how do I do this?" Thread

There have been a decent amount of threads where I know I (and others) have had to repeat the same thing over and over, so here's a thread that outlines when we'll give you a username change.

A summarised version: We will only grant a username change if there is a privacy concern or other genuine reason for a name change. For example, if your username has a student ID code or your last name in it, then this would be an example of a situation where we'd change your username. Change of mind is NOT a valid reason and your request will be denied.

If you believe that you have a genuine reason for the name change and would like it changed, please follow these steps:
----

1. Check that the new username you'd like to change to is free. This is really important, as we can't change your username to something that's already been taken by somebody else. You can do this using the ATAR Notes memberlist.

2. Once you've picked a new username that's free (e.g. not listed in the memberlist), ensure that the reason for your name change is genuine. Again, change of mind or a simple dislike to your username is not a valid reason.

3. Send a private message to a national moderator or administrator (click here for the current team) which contains the new username you'd like, along with the reason for the request. Please only send your PM to one person to avoid confusion. Patience is needed here :)

4. We'll assess your request and send you a reply PM with our decision. Each request is assessed on a case-by-case basis. Again, we need to clearly see how your current username could be of concern. If we can't see anything wrong with your username, we won't change it. This is why it's important to give us some details!

----

Note: Decisions regarding name changes are final. We won't change usernames based on a post. A private message is required as outlined above.

Hope this makes things a bit clearer. Feel free to let us know if there are any queries.

If you notice somebody asking for a name change, feel free to direct them to this thread... rather than typing the same repetitive response :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 06:41:13 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile