Login | Register
Enrol now for our new online tutoring program. Learn from the best tutors. Get amazing results. Learn more.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 12, 2021, 11:00:58 am

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Ouch, B's in the low 30's it hurts.
This is after all VCAA moderation so B's as determined by your school don't necessarily mean what VCAA mean by a B
Hi! does anyone know how many people sit the year 11 and entry and roughly how many people get in. finally, how many sups does one need to get an interview?

Thank you  ;D
It is dependent on the school you attend, but roughly 2000-ish students sit the test and around 200-250 get in. The rule of thumb is you need to get an interview in order to get in. Normally you should try to aim for 2-3 superiors just to be safe for an interview.
Letter grades are quite arbitrary so they aren't too importnat. Your friend is somewhat correct but triple C+ likely yields over 30 and low B's probably low 30's. For a 35 you need to be in the top 23% of the cohort so that correlates to high B+'s/low A's
Ouch, B's in the low 30's it hurts.
HSC Physics / URGENT: Polarisation of light experiment
« Last post by Maroon and Gold Never Fold on May 11, 2021, 08:52:10 pm »
I have to measure the intensity of light through 2 filters (polariser and analyser) in which the angle of the analyser over 90 degress is the independent variable. I'm stuck on what systematic errors are present, this excludes human error and bad equipment. The only one I have is ambient light, is there anymore systematic errors anyone else can think of.
I do not.

PBM is behind in some academic-related thing at the moment.
Yes I can!

PBM has a bottle of water with them right now
VCE Chemistry / Re: VCE Chemistry Question Thread
« Last post by Chocolatepistachio on May 11, 2021, 04:57:45 pm »
for this question
a) if the temperature is decreased would it shift to the left
if the volume of the reaction vessel is decreased, increasing pressure would it shift to the left
c) if an inert gas(neon) is added at constant volume would it shift to the right where there are more moles of gas
HSC Biology / Why do they do it like this
« Last post by Blanl on May 11, 2021, 04:54:42 pm »
i guys I know this may seem like a bit of a rant, but hear me out.

My school has the investigating science textbook, it is a fantastic book with clear explanations, questions and complete solutions to all questions. I also personally own the maths in focus textbook which is another fantastic book with complete solutions.

After reading the sample chapters I decided to also personally buy the biology in focus book. However, They don't include solutions in this book. Which is fine, as I thought they just sold it separately. However, it is only available to teachers.

I did some research and found that is a semi-common practice in textbooks, they do this to prevent students from finding the answers as to not cheat with homework given to them by their teachers. This is ridiculous though, students who personally buy the textbook, or other adults who simply want to use the textbook for learning have no way of getting access to the answers.

It seems like Nelson has stopped this practice with their new books such as the investigating science book. However, they still haven't applied this to their bio book.

I went and contacted the authors on the cover of the book, on how to get the solutions. They replied back, saying the only way to get the solutions, is by asking a teacher or student whose school has the textbook and has access to the solutions.

If you are a teacher or student who has access to the bio in focus textbook solutions, please let me know. I love this book and I'd really like the solutions to it.
HSC Biology / Why did they make it like this
« Last post by Blanl on May 11, 2021, 04:51:18 pm »
i guys I know this may seem like a bit of a rant, but hear me out.

My school has the investigating science textbook, it is a fantastic book with clear explanations, questions and complete solutions to all questions. I also personally own the maths in focus textbook which is another fantastic book with complete solutions.

After reading the sample chapters I decided to also personally buy the biology in focus book. However, They don't include solutions in this book. Which is fine, as I thought they just sold it separately. However, it is only available to teachers.

I did some research and found that is a semi-common practice in textbooks, they do this to prevent students from finding the answers as to not cheat with homework given to them by their teachers. This is ridiculous though, students who personally buy the textbook, or other adults who simply want to use the textbook for learning have no way of getting access to the answers.

It seems like Nelson has stopped this practice with their new books such as the investigating science book. However, they still haven't applied this to their bio book.

I went and contacted the authors on the cover of the book, on how to get the solutions. They replied back, saying the only way to get the solutions, is by asking a teacher or student whose school has the textbook and has access to the solutions.

If you are a teacher or student who has access to the bio in focus textbook solutions, please let me know. I love this book and I'd really like the solutions to it.
Victorian Technical Score Discussion / Re: Confused about grades
« Last post by Sine on May 11, 2021, 04:46:47 pm »
Hey guys I want a study score of around 35 scaled in biology, but I was wondering what exam score do I need to achieve that?
I heard from some of my friends C+, C+ and C+ won't even get a study score of 30. Even a low B might not score a 30. I am very concerned.
Letter grades are quite arbitrary so they aren't too importnat. Your friend is somewhat correct but triple C+ likely yields over 30 and low B's probably low 30's. For a 35 you need to be in the top 23% of the cohort so that correlates to high B+'s/low A's
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10