Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:41:44 pm

Author Topic: Yr 10 VCE BIO units 1 & 2  (Read 2493 times)

justinely

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
Yr 10 VCE BIO units 1 & 2
« on: February 02, 2019, 09:51:20 pm »
+3
Bio is one of the most popular vce subject to study in Year 10- if not, the most popular! So, i thought i should make a forum dedicated for discussions regarding this. You can post questions you need help with so we can discuss together, or share your experience so far and what you think about bio, or share some helpful tips/resources, just to name a few! :) I hope this forum will be useful for everyone!! :D
'21
English 50 | FM 43
ATAR: 97+

w0lfqu33n89

• Trendsetter
  • This is my text until I find another poetic quote
  • Respect: +151
Re: Yr 10 VCE BIO units 1 & 2
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 12:51:39 pm »
+1
Thankyou for making this topic! I am in fact a year 10, doing this subject. Just wondering what am I going to expect? I am passionate about biology and love it, but Is there a big workload? will I find myself falling behind? I would just love to know what ahead of me this year. thanks x

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 06:34:35 am »
+4
Thankyou for making this topic! I am in fact a year 10, doing this subject. Just wondering what am I going to expect? I am passionate about biology and love it, but Is there a big workload? will I find myself falling behind? I would just love to know what ahead of me this year. thanks x

Hey! I'm in year 11 (I keep thinking I'm still in year 10 :() and I'm doing Bio 1/2 this year. I did a 1/2 in year 10, and although it wan't bio, most of my friends did bio in year 10. Biology is a content heavy subject - I'll tell you that. But it doesn't feel like much content at all when you're enjoying what you're learning. You can also apply a lot of your knowledge to the real world, which I find helps. All in all, your 1/2 scores don't contribute to your study score or your ATAR, so don't be discouraged if you receive test/assessment marks that are lower than you expected.

As you seem to be passionate about biology, I strongly recommend to continue doing it. It's a great science to do. This is a personal thing, but I like to look through the 3/4 study design to make sure I like the content we learn and I know what to expect. You don't have to, but it helped me choose my subjects. Your 3/4 is what will count the most, so it's okay if you find some of the 1/2 content boring or you find you aren't doing as well as you expected.

Just make sure you manage your time effectively and don't neglect any if your other subjects. Bio should take priority as it is your 1/2, but make sure you aren't behind in any of your other subjects and you're not doing too badly in them. As long as you can do this, you should be fine! In year 10 I recall it was mainly about time management, as it is in year 11. Ensure you ask the teacher if you have any questions earlier on. if you really aren't sure, there should be a careers counsellor/subject counsellor at your school you can talk to.

Have fun with bio  :)
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

w0lfqu33n89

• Trendsetter
  • This is my text until I find another poetic quote
  • Respect: +151
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 03:01:02 pm »
Hey! I'm in year 11 (I keep thinking I'm still in year 10 :() and I'm doing Bio 1/2 this year. I did a 1/2 in year 10, and although it wan't bio, most of my friends did bio in year 10. Biology is a content heavy subject - I'll tell you that. But it doesn't feel like much content at all when you're enjoying what you're learning. You can also apply a lot of your knowledge to the real world, which I find helps. All in all, your 1/2 scores don't contribute to your study score or your ATAR, so don't be discouraged if you receive test/assessment marks that are lower than you expected.

As you seem to be passionate about biology, I strongly recommend to continue doing it. It's a great science to do. This is a personal thing, but I like to look through the 3/4 study design to make sure I like the content we learn and I know what to expect. You don't have to, but it helped me choose my subjects. Your 3/4 is what will count the most, so it's okay if you find some of the 1/2 content boring or you find you aren't doing as well as you expected.

Just make sure you manage your time effectively and don't neglect any if your other subjects. Bio should take priority as it is your 1/2, but make sure you aren't behind in any of your other subjects and you're not doing too badly in them. As long as you can do this, you should be fine! In year 10 I recall it was mainly about time management, as it is in year 11. Ensure you ask the teacher if you have any questions earlier on. if you really aren't sure, there should be a careers counsellor/subject counsellor at your school you can talk to.

Have fun with bio  :)

Thankyou!!
if you ever wanna talk bio im here!
all the best for you too!

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 02:56:32 pm »
Great thread idea!! Wish I had something like this when i did 1/2 Bio!!!
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP